Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Flavorseal Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Has anyone successfully installed a Gotek Floppy Emulator onto an MPC3000? I am in the process now but there are a lot of steps. I have the Vailixi chips installed fine and the machine boots up properly, flashing the firmware onto the usb floppy device is another beast...just soldered what should be the correct jumper wires on to program it, the HxC software is next, i cant get the pc to see the gotek with a usb a-to-a cable right now but need to test again with these new wires soldered...what a pain, especially if it doesnt work

the HxC guy from France or Poland is pretty responsive and seems to be a solid guy...but they use these goteks on any and all types of gear that used floppies back in the day, from flight simulators on planes to cnc cutting machines and synths you name it, so not sure how anyone can be an expert on everything
By JUKE 179r Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:32 am
Is the 3000 freezing up? Or it's working but the Gotek isn't being recognized by the 3000?
Do you have the jumpers set correctly?
I've never wanted to use a Gotek drive so I still say to scrap the Gotek and get a SCSI2SD card reader. :smoker:
By Flavorseal Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:03 pm
After moving jumpers around, desoldering resoldering and reflashing firmware ive finally got things working, oh plus another utility plus a special script to format the "virtual floppies'...this thing was a nightmare to setup and probably not worth the money i saved and all the time put in, but the scsi2sd seemed like it also needed a bit of prep work. I will see how it works out once i bang out and save a few beats then probably switch over to the scsi2sd.