Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By crate king Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:30 am
Hi Everyone ,

recently purchased a MPC 60II with 3.10 o.s and a HXC SD drive. I formatted the sd card and followed the HXC manual on how to create a disk image and save my sounds but when I load SD card into MPC 60II HXC card reader it keeps saying no disk found . Wanted to also know do I use the mpc 3000 disk image files from the HXC site or the MPC 60II disk image files because I couldn't find any info online .Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can share .
By JUKE 179r Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 am
Are the jumper/s set correctly to S0 position?
Try another SD card?
Is the most recent firmware updated on the HXC drive?
Floppy cable inserted correctly?
By crate king Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:25 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Are the jumper/s set correctly to S0 position?
Try another SD card?
Is the most recent firmware updated on the HXC drive?
Floppy cable inserted correctly?

How do I find were the jumpers are ?

only SD card I have is a Kingston SD

I have firmware version v1.8.2.40

not sure on how floppy cable should be inserted when I bought the 60II it was pre installed the guy I bought it from sold it to me because he couldn't figure how to use the HXC SD drive because He got it threw someone else as part of a trade for a few other pieces ,
By NearTao Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:13 pm
Do you have the HXC files loaded and named properly? Usually like 0000.hxc or 0001.hxc or whatever. Might just check to make sure that there are files, and named properly on the drive... or its possible the file that is trying to be loaded is corrupted and just needs to be replaced.
By crate king Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:15 am
NearTao wrote:Do you have the HXC files loaded and named properly? Usually like 0000.hxc or 0001.hxc or whatever. Might just check to make sure that there are files, and named properly on the drive... or its possible the file that is trying to be loaded is corrupted and just needs to be replaced.

Hi,

I have the DSKA0000.HFE files named correctly think its a jumper issue I'm not sure what the correct jumper settings are .
By JUKE 179r Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:55 am
I’ve never used those HXC style drives. I’ve only read on the forum what others told people to try and sort out to get the drive working.
By mLz Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:56 pm
Hi!

Do you find an issue ?
I have the same problem....

Thanks for your return!
;)
By crate king Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:04 am
mLz wrote:Hi!

Do you find an issue ?
I have the same problem....

Thanks for your return!
;)

Hey what up just saw your message . Yeah I figured after you download the quick install disk images file from the HXC site and unzip the MPC 60II file your gonna see one file that looks like this HXCSDFE.CFG-indexed and another one that looks like that HXCSDFE.CFG-normal . Remove -indexed and the end of .CFG and remove -normal at the end of .CFG thank try all the original step to make a disk image in the floppy emulator software .