Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By JUKE 179r Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:42 pm
Did you sell it?
By CharlesRandolph Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:23 pm
I like the MPC 3000 and I know this is worth $700 dollar max. These ebay seller are out of their mind. I would pay that price for a brand new old stock, never been used, still in the box. But not something that's been opened, modified, with a 100MB ZIP drive. :lol:
By JUKE 179r Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:10 pm
I hear ya. I’ve seen beat the fk up 3000LE’s going for $2500+ with floppy, no vga, burned out screen foils, OS 3.11, and smashed in buttons.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:55 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:I hear ya. I’ve seen beat the fk up 3000LE’s going for $2500+ with floppy, no vga, burned out screen foils, OS 3.11, and smashed in buttons.

I bet if you open it, their RUST inside. I've seen that so many times. I think used gear should have a RED BOOK PRICING like used cars. This wild west, $3000+ SP1200, MPC 3000, TR808 stuff is out of hand. We should create one on this forum.
By Dillalade Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:18 am
I bought it and it's absolutely Mint.

No internal rust, few small scratches and marks externally.

The screen is surprisingly crisp.

Pads are fantastic.

Everything is amazing.

However my wife is p!ssssssssed at me badly.
She wanted a holiday and I literally spent our money on this gorgeous 3kLE lol, she hates meeeee.

Anyway, before I absolutely fall in love with this 3000 LE, I'm going to have to let it go.

Anyone here interested, or can advice where I can sell this for a good price £2500 OVNO

(eBay doesn't work for me unfortunately)
By CharlesRandolph Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:37 am
MINT?

The rear is missing four screws in the back.
The MIDI IN 1 looks a bit dusty? So my guess is all the inputs are that way.
The Stickers are peeling.
Also why did you Blur the serial number? How can the buyer check if it was stolen?

The TOP has nicks and scratches and the transport Stop buttons letters are rubbing off.
Does the screen work? Are there any burn in's?

The MPC 3000 LE, did not come with ZIP 100 drive. Also why is there Zip Disk inside?
What does the internals look like. Have all the tact switches and Jog wheel been cleaned?

Open it up and post pictures of what it looks like inside. What about the sides and bottom? Post a video of it in use, testing all the buttons. What about the screen? Does the SCSI work? From what I see in these low resolution pictures.

This unit is worth £500 which is $657 USD.

Cosmetic: 5/10
Internal: 0/10 Has not been tested.
Sound Quality: 0/10 Has not been tested.
Functions: 0/10 Has not been tested.