Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By makrel Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:00 am
Happy New Year to all!
I like my MPC-4000 a lot, partly because it sends out SMPTE whenever I hit play or record etc.
I use the SMPTE out to drive a Garfield Electronics Master Beat and some other stuff connected to it.
Recently, I have considered to 'crossgrade' from my MPC-4000 to an MPC-3000, but I have to make absolutely sure that the MPC-3000 sends out SMPTE when I hit play, just like my MPC-4000.

Can anyone confirm this?

(I have spent some time searching for an answer, but it is a bit unclear to me whether the MPC-3000 behaves like I want it to or if the SMPTE out is just an isolated striping function that disables the rest of the MPC-3000 functionality during the striping)
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:42 am
In version 3.0 SMPTE timecode would only send when MPC3000 when was not playing. However, I do not know if that is the case with OS. 3.1 or 3.50 Vailixi.

makrel wrote:Happy New Year to all!
I like my MPC-4000 a lot, partly because it sends out SMPTE whenever I hit play or record etc.
I use the SMPTE out to drive a Garfield Electronics Master Beat and some other stuff connected to it.
Recently, I have considered to 'crossgrade' from my MPC-4000 to an MPC-3000, but I have to make absolutely sure that the MPC-3000 sends out SMPTE when I hit play, just like my MPC-4000.

Can anyone confirm this?

(I have spent some time searching for an answer, but it is a bit unclear to me whether the MPC-3000 behaves like I want it to or if the SMPTE out is just an isolated striping function that disables the rest of the MPC-3000 functionality during the striping)
By makrel Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:12 am
Thanks a lot for your quick reply!
In that case, I will stick to my 4k.
If anyone else could clarify the 3.1 and Valixi question, I would appreciate it though.