Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By jaketherapper Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:52 am
Hi!
I've been having trouble ordering a new CF card reader for my MPC 3000. I need it as soon as possible, and no, i cannot switch to SD! if anyone knows a good, reliable, affordable store who can send me the reader within the next month, please let me know!! thank you.
By richie Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:54 am
jaketherapper wrote:Hi!
I've been having trouble ordering a new CF card reader for my MPC 3000. I need it as soon as possible, and no, i cannot switch to SD! if anyone knows a good, reliable, affordable store who can send me the reader within the next month, please let me know!! thank you.

What is preventing you from switching to "SD" ?
By JUKE 179r Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:21 am
Welcome to the forum.
You using internal or external SCSI?
By richie Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:55 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Welcome to the forum.
You using internal or external SCSI?

By the way Juke, did you see this new one? https://store.inertialcomputing.com/pro ... d-v5.5.htm

I'm going to have to grab a couple, $64 is ridiculously cheap for what this is.
By JUKE 179r Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:17 pm
That is damn cheap! Cheers!
By richie Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:31 am
JUKE 179r wrote:That is damn cheap! Cheers!

You're welcome man. It connects straight into the DB25 port in the back of samplers (that have it).

Or at the very least we could use an adapter or as I'd prefer, just run a db25 male to female cable which should be just as fine.
By richie Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:19 am
psoul wrote:is Inertial Computing ok?
anyone bought from Europe?

They're the people behind the creation of the SCSI2SD, they're legit - direct from the source.
By psoul Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:24 am
richie wrote:
psoul wrote:is Inertial Computing ok?
anyone bought from Europe?

They're the people behind the creation of the SCSI2SD, they're legit - direct from the source.

thanks!
By richie Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:15 am
Kalou wrote:Any know if this will work in place of the floppy drive in a 3000? https://store.inertialcomputing.com/SCS ... -white.htm

Yes, as stated in this thread and throughout the forum - the scsi2sd will work in your MPC 3000.

You are best suited in upgrading to Vailixi as well to have better flexibility with scsi card readers as well but isn't absolutely necessary in order to utilize the card reader.
By Kalou Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:43 am
richie wrote:
Kalou wrote:Any know if this will work in place of the floppy drive in a 3000? https://store.inertialcomputing.com/SCS ... -white.htm

Yes, as stated in this thread and throughout the forum - the scsi2sd will work in your MPC 3000.

You are best suited in upgrading to Vailixi as well to have better flexibility with scsi card readers as well but isn't absolutely necessary in order to utilize the card reader.

Thanks, wasn't sure if we were just talking about the external model, but good to know that internal one would work too. Curious why people would want to cop the external model > internal if they both work.
By richie Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:00 pm
Kalou wrote:Thanks, wasn't sure if we were just talking about the external model, but good to know that internal one would work too. Curious why people would want to cop the external model > internal if they both work.

For those that don't want to open their machine and still have functionality of the floppy drive for whatever reason.

You can also connect the external version to a scsi cdrom, or other scsi based devices and daisy chain them to multiple samplers at the same time, as the scsi2sd emulates several different scsi id's at the same time. So for example, you could have your MPC 3000 use ID 0, and then your ASR-10 on ID 1, all sharing from the SCSI2SD.
By Kalou Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:35 am
richie wrote:
Kalou wrote:Thanks, wasn't sure if we were just talking about the external model, but good to know that internal one would work too. Curious why people would want to cop the external model > internal if they both work.

For those that don't want to open their machine and still have functionality of the floppy drive for whatever reason.

Good point.

I've looked around the board but can't find this info. I have also emailed their support but no reply. Do you what what options you would need to install the internal one? i.e. power adapter, SCSI ribbon, DB25 connector...