Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Kalou Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 pm
I love the 3000, I've had both a regular and LE and sold them both in the past 10 years. The prices seem to have gone way up recently.

But I love it, and have been looking for one in excellent condition with a UK/EU PSU and then eBay notified me! It came boxed with manual, new screen, completely clean, buttons all good. Looked like it had had very little use, and for a reasonable buy it now price.

I clicked on the link and it had sold three hours before, and I was proper crushed. eBay's notification system is wack - why not notify when someone lists something!?

Anyway, I contacted the seller and he was super cool and sympathetic. Said he would have preferred to sell to me (and avoid intl shipping) but didn't want to cancel the order. I've been thinking about it ever since.

I wonder what y'all think. I feel this is so rare to see close to mint 3000 UK 3000s in boxed. Am I tripping and should just let it go and be patient. Obviously time moves forward and the machines get older and more users. I was so down to buy this one and settle. But I hope out there theres a similar deal, and luck will be more on my side!

Does new old stock actually exist anymore / anyone want to sell me the 3000 they've had in the cupboard for 20 years! :hmmm:

By Kalou Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:36 pm
TLDR: £2100 / $2700

It sold for £2100 which was the 'but it now'. I wrote the guy selling and said if anything happens to keep me notified, and we exchanged quite a few emails. I was so gutted to miss out. I'd haggled on a 3000 in similar shape last year that went for £1400, when I should have just pulled the trigger.

A week later he wrote me to say he'd cancelled the transaction with the buyer cause he was complaining it was taking too long for the guy to send (he needed to get a box to put the 3K box in). So he offered it to me for the same price. I ended up paying £2160 because I wanted the security of PayPal. So pretty expensive considering when I lived in SF I bought one for around $1100 but that was 10 years ago.

Its in very good condition, with a new screen. Only flaws are bumps on the screen where it was screwed in too tight and some tact switches need replacing. I switched the old pad sensor sheet and copped one of the SD PowerMonster SCSI drives for the back (nice to keep the floppy just in case).
By saltmcgault Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:59 pm
NearTao wrote:My research indicates it's 489 based on 420 and 69 polling strategies.

After doing some further research and fact checking I came to the conclusion that your polls and interviews are tainted with disinformation and fake news. According to my calculations there are approximately 422 units in mint condition.
By bees80 Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:33 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
NearTao wrote:My research indicates it's 489 based on 420 and 69 polling strategies.

After doing some further research and fact checking I came to the conclusion that your polls and interviews are tainted with disinformation and fake news. According to my calculations there are approximately 422 units in mint condition.

Recent studies indicated that there are at least +/- 37 units hidden around the mongolian border. So my first estimate of 459 is correct.
By richie Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:31 pm
I have a lot of connections as I am known to be the authority on things.

There is a warehouse I've been to that has 350 brand new in box units located in San Fernando.
By richie Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:13 pm
bees80 wrote:San Fernando, that's where i get my truffle-muffin-hazlenut hash!

I'm not one to judge ones sexual orientation but I do find this to be a bit much for you to divulge on a music production forum.