Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By ernestbonilla33 Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:32 pm
Good afternoon, i just got an MPC 60 and i'm new to it, but unfortunately when i try to insert a floppy disk and it tries to read it, the MPC gives me a FF80 error stating that there is no disk inserted intop the drive. The drive appears to try and read it for a second because the red light lights up for a second and you hear it working but it soon gives up afterwards. What's the best fix for this? Would i need to get a new floppy drive?

Thanks in advance!
By richie Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:26 pm
ernestbonilla33 wrote:Good afternoon, i just got an MPC 60 and i'm new to it, but unfortunately when i try to insert a floppy disk and it tries to read it, the MPC gives me a FF80 error stating that there is no disk inserted intop the drive. The drive appears to try and read it for a second because the red light lights up for a second and you hear it working but it soon gives up afterwards. What's the best fix for this? Would i need to get a new floppy drive?

Thanks in advance!

I already left you a detailed response when you first posted this in the other thread you made last week.
By ernestbonilla33 Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:36 pm
richie wrote:
ernestbonilla33 wrote:Good afternoon, i just got an MPC 60 and i'm new to it, but unfortunately when i try to insert a floppy disk and it tries to read it, the MPC gives me a FF80 error stating that there is no disk inserted intop the drive. The drive appears to try and read it for a second because the red light lights up for a second and you hear it working but it soon gives up afterwards. What's the best fix for this? Would i need to get a new floppy drive?

Thanks in advance!

I already left you a detailed response when you first posted this in the other thread you made last week.

My apologies, i did not see your earlier post until just now thanks so much man! :)