Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Lemar Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:40 pm
Sup!?

Im an mpc user recently bought and had refurbished a 3k with new pad sensor sheet and pads. everything else is running smoothly and the machine sounds excellent!

With new pads on the 3000 im having double triggering happening :| press a pad once and it sounds twice. Iv never had this problem on other models (2500 2000xl). is this a matter of wearing the new pad sheet in? as its pretty annoying going in and editing out extra hihats kiks etc... also stops me being able to drum live, rolls etc and record in as pads arent responding as they should.
Iv heard people mention 2 finger on one pad to drum things out as this stops it double triggering. This kinda stops me using the the machine as i would like to i.e using different fingers for different pads Surely this dosent happen on all 3000s?.
let me know your thoughts on this please thanks in advance!
Peace!
By mkdos Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:25 am
Replug sensors. You replaced sensors... make sure that you cleaned off where the sensors rest with IPA? Absolutely must have that area clean. On 60s I'll take the metal plate out and just let it sit overnight in a tub full of IPA. Scrub it every couple of hours. The glue, especially on the OEM sensors is WILD. It WILL mess up your triggers if there is any residue. Also, I know this is basic but IPA the bottoms of your pads too. Try going OEM pads if you still have them and see if it helps.

I'd also just wear them in. I'm not liking the third party sensors as much as OEM, most common thing is they aren't aligned as well and I have to make cuts so they fit my plate better. LMK.
By Lemar Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:52 pm
Yo Mkdos,

Thanks for the reply dude, will definitely try out what you said. The pads are new.. will try out the older one's if nothing else works.
iv not had it apart since the refurb so its likely what you said.
Will keep you posted...