Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Fetaldreamcore Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:12 am
I’ve been working on this MPC 60ii and corrected many issues. However, I do not have velocity sensitive on individual pads. The volume is constant on a pad. I have installed two new pad sensors and replaced the ICs on the drum pad board which corrected some multipad trigger issues.

Assuming this isn’t software or user error, Where should I look to find hardware related velocity issues? Or if there is some on off velocity in the software settings let me know. I’ve been to “sounds -2-softkey 4” and messed with velocity volume settings which when set to 100 is really quiet but when numbers are decreased the volume of the sample increases. No velocity variation tho.

All pads trigger and play samples after replacing IC 74hc04 on the drum pad board.

Thx
By mkdos Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:04 am
Did you try a factory reset? This generally fixes velocity issues, don't remember how off the top of my head but peep the manual off Linn's site. I've read your threads and you haven't mentioned a fac reset so this is next imo. LMK if this fixes it.