Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By dejayos Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:37 pm
Hi this just started happening yesterday, an intermittent very unpleasant noise coming from inside the MPC 3000 (seems behind where the main outs are) - not a quiet noise either lol sounds more like something is about to explode in there ! it happens for say 10 seconds, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. I was attempting to conduct a session and noticed when the noise is happening the sound on the main outs gets all glitchy. But when i was producing the beat and switched to the 8 outputs, the noise still happened but didnt affect the sound. Really weird, any one heard of this issue ? I did call Bruce Forat and he'd heard of a similar complaint from an MPC 3k user but then it went away and he didnt have to attempt to fix. Anyhow im hoping the issue resolves itself but really concerned here ... Thanks - Joseph
By MISTER MPC 3000 Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:48 pm
I did have that noise. It lasted one week. I dismounted the mpc several times (even when it was switched ON, thing you must never do) and couldn't identify the problem. It went away after a few days and never appeared again. Haunted MPC... Watch out my Youtube channel, the Bible of MPC 3000 for tutos, repairs and more. Mister MPC 3000.