Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By TonyO. Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:45 pm
Now that David Rossum has reissued the legendary SP1200, Akai should hook up with Roger Linn to reissue the MPC 3000. Ive always wanted a 3000 but they are too expensive these days, listing for 4 - $5000 on the used market, and I’m hesitant to spend so much on a vintage unit that could wind up being a maintenance headache. I hope Akai goes back to its roots and reissues one of the classics.
By Fanu Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:20 am
Akai (Jack O'Donnell) gave Roger Linn some pretty cold treatment back in the day, so hell would prob freeze over before this'd happen officially.
One can dream, though…they should hire JJ again, too – man they'd make a sick machine.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:14 pm
TonyO. wrote:I hope Akai goes back to its roots and reissues one of the classics.

The current 'Akai Pro' are not related to the akai pro that put out the MPC3000, all they did was buy up the rights to use the brand back in the early 00s. They have invested massively in the current hardware and the underlying software, I really don't think they have any interest in the old stuff beyond all the goodwill and branding associated with it, so I think the best you can probably hope for is just more 'retro' versions of the current models.

Actually, what is it you would want Akai to put in an MPC3000 re-issue? Are you literally talking about cloning the original hardware and software of the MPC3000, just so you have something new with a proper warranty and support? Or are you looking for new features to be added?

Either way, it sounds more like something Behringer would be interested in.
By JAYCEE3K Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:16 am
Nahh man I see no reason to do this, and neither would I be for it frankly. I already have one though, so…I’m biased. Lol. I don’t need no one digging into my pockets, besides they already gave y’all the Renn that’s the closest thing to a reissue.