Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By btotheg Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:21 am
This message just started popping up while sequencing:

"Sorry but in order to make room for the new features of this software version,
all help messages were removed. Please consult users manual."

It doesn't stop me from doing what I'm doing but it makes the screen flicker and just keeps getting in the way while I'm sequencing and editing. Anyone know how to get rid of it.

Running OS 3.15b... and the machine has been on for about a week. I don't know if that's part of the problem. Also, as far as I know, there is no manual for this OS so... yeah.
By enchilada Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:52 pm
btotheg wrote:This message just started popping up while sequencing:

"Sorry but in order to make room for the new features of this software version,
all help messages were removed. Please consult users manual."

It doesn't stop me from doing what I'm doing but it makes the screen flicker and just keeps getting in the way while I'm sequencing and editing. Anyone know how to get rid of it.

Running OS 3.15b... and the machine has been on for about a week. I don't know if that's part of the problem. Also, as far as I know, there is no manual for this OS so... yeah.

That message pops up when you press the help button. I would estimate that you either need to replace that tact switch or there's something else shorting that switch on your top PCB. Could also be a ribbon cable.
By btotheg Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:28 am
Thanks. Another friend suggested removing the tact altogether after I snipped two connectors to no avail. Even with the tact removed, the problem still persists. Nightmare. Now my 60 and my 1200 are borderline useless and in need of repair. FML.
By Telefunky Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:03 pm
If this message popped right out of the blue, there may be some erroneous state in memory. Caused by chance or whatever reason...
My standard procedure for such weird events:
shut down the machine, disconnect the power cord, switch on/off without (!) power cord a couple of times, wait a moment, then plugin power again and start as normal.
(the on/off switching without power connection discharges capacitors on board which may buffer memory states)
It‘s not a guaranteed cure, but works in many cases... best of luck :mrgreen:
By btotheg Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:42 am
Telefunky wrote:If this message popped right out of the blue, there may be some erroneous state in memory. Caused by chance or whatever reason...
My standard procedure for such weird events:
shut down the machine, disconnect the power cord, switch on/off without (!) power cord a couple of times, wait a moment, then plugin power again and start as normal.
(the on/off switching without power connection discharges capacitors on board which may buffer memory states)
It‘s not a guaranteed cure, but works in many cases... best of luck :mrgreen:

Thanks for the suggestion, Telefunky... the Vimana demon that took possession of my machine is far too powerful to be overcome by that technique. I tried it though, hoping for the best. My only other option at this point is to put back the eproms it came with... and if the demon still persists an exorcism will have to be performed by Father Jazzcat or Father Forat. :cry: :cry: :cry: