Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Carl X-Way Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:18 pm
Is this possible......just to avoid having to set up or manual load the params every time. Come to think of it I suppose manual loading mixer params would not be such an ordeal...but if the autoload thing is doable it'd obviously be preferable...

I saw a video of Tinez mentioning something in passing about this (not on the 4k). He WAS using a floppy and I don't know if that matters, as I have the CF drive.

...........I'm also guessing that params would save mixer settings but this is an assumption......I'll read the manual to see what the params files actually save.

Thanks in advanks.
By Carl X-Way Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:12 pm
Ok. I worked it out.

Just in case anyone else comes to the forum before reading the manual (oops ...naughty boy).....

You can save mixer settings and whatever else you might need and if you have a CF reader save as -

(All programs and sounds) STARTUP.ALS

If you want to save Tracks, for example, that needs to be done in "All songs and sequences" -

STARTUP.ALL

I guess anything you want to save will fall under the above...things like effects or maybe "other" settings like metronome out ..(??).....I haven't tested this stuff but I imagine you can get pretty much everything ready to go by doing the above.

Regards!
By Lampdog Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:59 am
Is it ALS or APS?

APS is all programs and sounds.
ALL is all mixer and sequencer settings.

These are the same in 2kxl.