Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By monogee Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:17 pm
I just got my hands on an MPC3000 LE. Seems the Note Variation Slider had never been used and is stiff. How do I lubricate the Note Variation Slider? Do I drop Deoxit Fader F100L straight down on the fader or spray to the sides? Thanks.
By Lampdog Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:54 pm
Long time no see. Hope all is good. I don’t have an answer and shit, just wanted to say Hi

One of my dream machines used to be a 3kle!
By bizon Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:58 pm
I would personally take it apart and clean it first otherwise lubricating will be just short term solution. All dust and dirt will be building up much quicker and you will have issues anyway.
By peterpiper Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:44 pm
bizon wrote:I would personally take it apart and clean it first otherwise lubricating will be just short term solution. All dust and dirt will be building up much quicker and you will have issues anyway.

+1
By WASKMUSIC Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:12 pm
As it has been said already, desolder the slider, open the metal tabs, remove the small pcb in the slider housing, clean it with 99 ipa or deoxit and then put a thin (!) layer of grease on the pcb/trace and then put it all back together. If the slider has still issues, replace it with a new one.