Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Jon015 Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:43 pm
I recently bought an MPC60 to go with my MPC Live. I like the timing and swing of the MPC60 and am trying to use it as my main sequencer with all other gear slaved to it. I am starting with the MPC Live and having a few issues getting them to sync how I want. I read so many forums and manuals. I have them connected via midi and can record a sequence on one track in the MPC60 triggering audio from the Live. But no matter what midi channels or tracks I set in the MPC60 or Live. The same notes play on every track within the MPC Live from the first track I recorded. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
By NearTao Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:43 pm
The MPC Live basically receives midi from all channels on all armed tracks.

You're probably not missing anything, it's just a foolish implementation of the current MPC product line, that makes it more difficult to not have the MPC Live/X/One be at the center of a studio.

You can get a little ways by using key splits, but this isn't a great solution for the problem you are experiencing.
By Jon015 Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:06 pm
Oh that explains it, thought I was going crazy trying all the options multiple times. Guess my setup will have to work in a different way than I imagined :? These new Mpc's are frustrating in some ways
By Lampdog Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:59 pm
Default is as NT describes. Listening on all ports all channels.

In MPC track view you can narrow down what tracks listen to whatever ports on whatever channels, I use this ALOT when narrowing down/separating listening from KRONOS2 to MPC X.

Also, know the difference between the 3 modes of the red track arm button.
By Dusty Snares Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:07 am
When i sync my mpc60 with my mpc2000 i dont set anything on the mpc2000 which i dont have a mpc live so i dont know anything about it or how it works. what os do you have on the mpc60? And can you explain more on how your trying to use it cause i dont really get what you mean? Are you trying to layer chops or bass over other chops or over drums? You can try making multiple copies of your sequence without the sounds that are over lapping then record each part on a different sequence.
By Jon015 Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:33 pm
I am trying to have the chops say on one track and one drum program and drum samples with another separate drum program on another. Just triggered and sequencing from the MPC60.

Do you know why the pad layout changes on the MPC60 when using midi? If I have for example a kick drum on the bottom left pad of MPC Live, the bottom right pad of the MPC60 triggers it.
By Dusty Snares Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:10 pm
Try hitting the midi button on the mpc60 then go to external then you can choose which pads trigger each other it should be at the bottom half of the screen and go on your live and look which pad your sound is on. The 60s pad assign is on the left and external is on the same row to the right so when I do it on my 60 and 2000 I choose perc1 for the 60 to trigger pad 49 on my 2000 which is to the left. And make sure you dont have the same sounds assigned to multiple other pads.
By Dusty Snares Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:17 pm
Dusty Snares wrote:Try hitting the midi button on the mpc60 then go to external then you can choose which pads trigger each other it should be at the bottom half of the screen and go on your live and look which pad your sound is on. The 60s pad assign is on the left and external is on the same row to the right so when I do it on my 60 and 2000 I choose perc1 for the 60 to trigger pad 49 on my 2000 which is to the ////left/// . And make sure you dont have the same sounds assigned to multiple other pads.

I made a mistake

Try hitting the midi button on the mpc60 then go to external then you can choose which pads trigger each other it should be at the bottom half of the screen and go on your mpc live and look which pad your sound is on there should be a number. Then go to the 60s extrenal screen at the bottom half of the screen and the 60s pad assign is on the left and external trigger note [For your Mpc live] is on the same row to the right. So when I do it on my 60 and 2000 I choose perc1 for the 60 to trigger pad 49 on my 2000. And make sure you dont have the same sounds assigned to multiple other pads because sometimes that happens.
By Dusty Snares Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:26 pm
Dusty Snares wrote:
Dusty Snares wrote:Try hitting the midi button on the mpc60 then go to external then you can choose which pads trigger each other it should be at the bottom half of the screen and go on your live and look which pad your sound is on. The 60s pad assign is on the left and external is on the same row to the right so when I do it on my 60 and 2000 I choose perc1 for the 60 to trigger pad 49 on my 2000 which is to the ////left/// . And make sure you dont have the same sounds assigned to multiple other pads.

I made a mistake

Try hitting the midi button on the mpc60 then go to external then you can choose which pads trigger each other it should be at the bottom half of the screen and go on your mpc live and look which pad your sound is on there should be a number. Then go to the 60s extrenal screen at the bottom half of the screen and the 60s pad assign is on the left and external trigger note [For your Mpc live] is on the same row to the right. So when I do it on my 60 and 2000 I choose perc1 for the 60 to trigger pad 49 on my 2000. And make sure you dont have the same sounds assigned to multiple other pads because sometimes that happens.

i just check depending on the os you have its alittle different on each one but its some what the same just hit midi tho and check for a screen that has note numbers on it. I think its on page 1 on 3.10 and 3.15.