Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Dusty Snares Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:41 pm
NearTao wrote:Probably a dirty knob. You could try Deoxit and see if it helps clean out the gunk/corrosion.

Nice I just watched a tutorial does that deoxit have lube in it or do I need to get electric knob lube? And I guess I just gotta pop off the volume knob? And do you know about how it's bolted? Is it just the nut on the pot?
By NearTao Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:42 pm
No idea, and I don't think you want the lube version... I know there are a few cans, but look for reviews for using it on knobs... basically the connectors tend to get corroded which causes the scratching... it's from a poor electrical connection...
By Dusty Snares Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:10 pm
NearTao wrote:No idea, and I don't think you want the lube version... I know there are a few cans, but look for reviews for using it on knobs... basically the connectors tend to get corroded which causes the scratching... it's from a poor electrical connection...

I order the deoxit for pots it has lube in it. People were saying if it doesn't have the lubricant it can wear out the inside.
By Dusty Snares Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:11 pm
NearTao wrote:No idea, and I don't think you want the lube version... I know there are a few cans, but look for reviews for using it on knobs... basically the connectors tend to get corroded which causes the scratching... it's from a poor electrical connection...

I order the deoxit for pots it has lube in it. People were saying if it doesn't have the lubricant it can wear out the inside once it dries. I got this https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... spray-5-oz