Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By cronikus Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:46 pm
Hi
Sorry for my bad English, I use a translator,
I have a mpc 60 and it has a problem, when I want to sample, I am in monitor "on". The sound is clean, but once sampled, the sound is all saturated, it crackles, it's unusable, it does the same thing if I load a sample from a floppy disk, the sound crackles when I turn the gain potentiometer, in all outputs even headphone output and assignable output,
I'll post a video link showing the problem,
The mpc is os 3.10
I really need help please

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/G5jQ10amxLU

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
By cronikus Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:35 pm
No , The strange thing is that the sound of the metronome is clean.
By Telefunky Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:05 am
Sorry, I should have asked this before: how experienced are you with electronics ?
If you can read circuit diagrams, there‘s service manual online.

But it will not help you if you have no idea about what those graphics mean.
In that case better find someone to do the service.
If your MPC is in good shape it represents a significant value, don‘t risk it. :smoker:

ps: just a rough guess... the clean monitoring and click may point to a problem in sound storage memory. If the sampled data is messed in the chips, such sounds are to be expected.
By cronikus Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:59 am
My skills in electronics are very limited, apart from changing a screen and Electronic switch (button) I know nothing, and yes it is in good condition inside,
I think that there is indeed a problem of memory, inside there is the extension of ram but the mpc does not detect it, and even if I remove it the problem persists,
As there are few repairers in France, I'm going to try and find one!