Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By mpc3000le Wed May 18, 2005 11:51 am
ginsuthaironchef wrote:One other question,
what is the 60 lacking that the 60II isnot?

Hasn't this been answered before in this forum ?

Many times ?

Don't be too scared to check out all the great threads that other members of this forum have contributed their ideas and experience to.

BTW: Amazing what you can find on the Roger Linn Design web site.

Rohan.
By Humblestar1 Wed May 18, 2005 2:35 pm

For 1, a headphone socket...but who needs it?

Check out www.rogerlinndesign.com

H*

By highlife Wed May 18, 2005 4:25 pm
you CAN'T be serious with a name like ginsutheironchef??!!

gethefukouttaherewithatbullsh!t!!!
By ginsuthaironchef Wed May 18, 2005 8:02 pm
Its amazing how serious people take them selves.
First of all, under stand that Im not some chump who decided to makes beats on a wim. Ive been contimplating it for years.
Also, I am VERY aware I wont be pumping out ne think nice for quite some time.
I wasnt aware that people have posted the answer to my question. Ive only read fairly new threads, and have been to this site twice now. Thanks for tellin me bout the search engine by the way.
By butcher Wed May 18, 2005 8:08 pm

the headphone jack is on the mk2... the mk1 is alot heavier than the mk2 but i think alot nice... but it might be easier to get a mk2 in nice condition as opposed to the mk1 because mk1 was released a few years before and most peopel that have them hold on to them.. mk1 has a bigger and nicer screen IMO.. and it has the leather wrist pad...overall the mk1 is better IMO but if a headphone jack is very important to you then get the mk2.. both the same machine internally

By elmacaco Wed May 18, 2005 9:02 pm
I like homie's name, what's wrong with it? it's clever.
By djames Wed May 18, 2005 10:34 pm
ginsuthaironchef wrote:I like my name very much thank you.

don't take offense homie your name is alright. As far as the 60 goes I think Butcher summed it up, but just try to make a habit out of searching the FAQ and the forum database before you ask a question that seems common.

peace
By ginsuthaironchef Wed May 18, 2005 11:30 pm
I appreciate all the help. I'll start using the search function.
I've been rhymin for like 8 years. I guess if I put my self in your guys shoes i can under stand where some of the hostility comes from.
I cat stand how every kid that watches free style fridays, or 8 mile thinks they can rap. I guess its the same idea. But trust... Im not some cat that thinks just cause I copt machines, that Im gonna be makin tight beats ne time soon. I just wanna have more input on my music thats all. Probly wont even be my sole producer.
always lookin to work with new producers. get at me
[email protected]

By elmacaco Thu May 19, 2005 12:33 am
That's tight, you will get alot out of reading the manual then. It;s a long hard road, but rewarding.
By zaiusz Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:42 pm
mpc3000le wrote:

Hasn't this been answered before in this forum ?

Many times ?

Don't be too scared to check out all the great threads that other members of this forum have contributed their ideas and experience to.

BTW: Amazing what you can find on the Roger Linn Design web site.

Rohan.

Ahh the irony over a decade later... seaching google for "mpc 60 vs mpc 60 ii" returns this useless thread as the first hit.
By Zug Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:51 pm
It is worth remarking that sexy blue screens are much more easily available for the mk II than the mk I --- at least last time I checked. The old style screen is not so great and replacing it with a modern one is nice. If I had a choice between a mk I and an mk II each in need of back-light replacement I'd go with a mk II and an LCD screen. Thankfully I have a mk I - my preferred model all things being equal - with a nice screen from Sequentix (no longer available).
By JUKE 179r Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:44 pm
zaiusz wrote:Ahh the irony over a decade later... seaching google for "mpc 60 vs mpc 60 ii" returns this useless thread as the first hit.

Try Google then.
And welcome to the forum.