Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs

By Droopy Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:44 pm
What types of SCSI storage drives can this MPC handle & can it handle a CD-ROM Drive? What the largest hard drive the MPC can operate with?[/color]

By illanoiz Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:31 am
i don't think this mpc can use a cd rom, i've tried several on mine including the one i use on my 2kxl and none of them work.i think storage of this sort wasn't  incorporated for these kinda devices back then.technology iz a b#@th. :(

By midicase.com Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:15 pm
780 Meg is largest usable amout of hard drive space the MPC3000 can use.  You can use some slightly larger drives.  I know people that use 1Gig drives, but only 780 is formatted and accessible.

The MPC3000 can read CDs, but the CD's, like HD's, have to be in MPC300 format before they can be read.[/color]

By Aidan AD Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:28 pm
I'm using a zip 100 with the 3000, no problems.= except that there's no copy disk function for the scsi side. anyone tried hooking up an applemac to a 3000? for editing? storage?

On the issue of cd rom, I'm hoping to fling stuff over on zip from my s1000-reading emu sampler. Is this gonna be possible?[/color]

By Droopy Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:37 pm
CD-R/RW drives only work on the new MPC-4000 sampler(which is useless because it already has one). The 100Mb Zip drive only regconizes Zip files(it doesn't write them). The 250Mb writes Zip files, but I'm not sure if the Zip 250Mb drive works with the MPC-3000. I'm not for certain but I think the 3000LE is a different story. It was re-released in 1998 when the Zip technology was first introduced. That's why the 100Mb Zip works with the sampler(#### the Zip250Mb didn't come out until 1999-2000). After typing all of that I just answered my own question. It might still work, but I don't recommend it!!!!!!!!!

I gotta question to add on to this thread about SCSI peripherals. How many can the 3000 handle? Also explain SCSI identification numbers & their purpose?[/color]

By Droopy Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:39 pm
To MPC-Tutor:Excuse me for the foul language!!!! I forgot!!!!!![/color]

By midicase.com Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:05 pm
CD-R/RW drives only work on the new MPC-4000 sampler

They work as readers with the older MPC's.[/color]

By Aidan AD Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:59 pm
I figured they must work because there's a site, maybe Bangin Beats, I misremember, offering cd roms for mpc 3000. They say something like 'all u have to do is assign the samples to pads'.

Applemac with Mpc3000le? Anyone's experience?[/color]

By Droopy Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:20 am
I know ROM drives work but CD-R/RW won't!!!!![/color]

By midicase.com Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:43 pm
I know ROM drives work but CD-R/RW won't!!!!!

Maybe you can tell my Ricoh CDR that it should not work like it does.[/color]

By Droopy Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:58 pm
What so special about that Ricoh CD-R drive...... I know it works as a ROM drive, but does it write cd's? If it does it's not suppose to........unless you have an LE model. I never knew that AKAI would put software code(or whatever it's called, I can't remember at this moment)into the 3000/3000LE for it to regconize the CD-R & let it write. What kind of MPC you got? I need to know.[/color]

By midicase.com Sat Dec 07, 2002 3:12 am
Maybe you should try reading the posts.  

I stated earlier:
"They work as readers with the older MPC's."[/color]