Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
Byinnercore Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:46 am
:cry: Hello All, I dumped my mpc2000xl and got the big dog!(MPC 3000) To my surprise I found out that you only can use 1 drum program at a time ( This is kind of crazy ) On the mpc 2000xl I was able to use 4 drum channel programs on the same seqeunce and songs. I had certain programs setup lioke so, Drum channel 1=Bass sounds Drum channel 2=kicks,snares and hi hats Drum channel 3= Chopped samples

What good is it having 24 programs on the MPC 3000 and only being able one at a time.........This is crazy

By MPC_Producer Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:51 am
Of course it is crazy. Try to tell that to the vintage fanatics, and you will get nowhere. The same thing happens in the world of synths with old analog heads telling people that 1970's synths are the best, and nothing better has been made since then. Look ahead 10 years. You might be reading comments that the MP2000XL is the best, even though by then the entire MPC product line probably will be history.

There is still hope for you, however. In case you have not noticed, the price of the MPC3000 has been declining recently. Sell it while you can--before the bottom falls out. You cannot wait until later. By the time the big decline happens it is too late. The MPC4000 is selling well, and with Roland about to release their MV-8000 there is going to be yet another advanced product available. Nothing lasts forever, so don't expect the MPC3000 to be the king of sequencers forever. There is plenty of music already being produced with the MPC4000, even though the MPC3000 owners don't realize it.

Get another MPC2000XL and be happy. Vintage gear should never be a replacement for modern gear. Add old products, if you want them. Never sell new gear for something many years old, or you will lose advanced features.
By Swissmaster Cheese Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:28 pm
Thats something I never really understood.....like how can people buy into all the hope that the MPC 3000 can do something magical that the 2kxl can't......I've got to use one recently and while the 3k is nice i'm more at home on a 2kxl....and whats even crazier is the fact that you have softsynths, keyboards and even grooveboxes that surpass the 3k and even the 2kxl. I can understand staring out on a 3k and learning on it and being content cuz like I said, its a nice machine but to sell off a perfectly working 2kxl for a 3k just reeks of bandwagonism. I mean, what is it exactly that a 3k can do that you couldnt do on the 2kxl with a lil' more practice? Not knocking established 3k users but damn...Thats like selling of a mac g4 or a Athlon grade pc in favor of a Amiga, Unix or Atari 1040st.