Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Sixtoo Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:18 pm
Any new mac users on here? Seeing as most of the new Mac's are only shipping with OSX, and no longer allow for multiple OS's I think we need to figure out a method for editing samples in OSX for 60 users...

Will MPCpgm maker for OSX work with the 60...provided it has the 3.1 upgrade? Will this program format things correctly? if not, which editor will work in converting samples to the right data format?

Anyone know about all this shit yet?

By homershines Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:37 pm
You may wanna ask seishu, the designer of the software about that. I'm not sure.

Here's his email address:

seishu@m a c.com

* Take out the spaces in "mac."

Peace.

homershines

for phat drum sounds & samples
contact me at [email protected]-o-m

By stickmanly Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:55 pm
How about trying Connectix Virtual PC on Mac OSX? Then you could run a virtual OS of Windows 98 and use MPC editior.
Would this Work?
Bydurbanpoison Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:07 am
I use mpcpgm maker in OSX with my MPC60 with Roger Linn 3.10e upgrade. I first format the floppy in the MPC60 then insert it into my floppy frive connected to my Mac. OSX sees the disk as PC formatted disk which is fine. I open the program mpcpgm maker and save my pgm to the floppy, load the floppy into the MPC60, load the programs.........and fun!
Let me know if you are having any problems. :wink:

By Sixtoo Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:22 am
durban: thanks for the info sir...I was just checking to see if the 60 was worth upgrading to use with my current setup. Thanks dood.

6.dos