Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
Byfeelthedrums Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:47 am
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get your beats heard by the right people??
Been doing production work since 86. Got a couple of hip hop singles coming out in Toronto. One which has been added to the rap station playlist.
I've done music for TV. Also ran a fairly succesful house music label for 8yrs. Had a video run on mtv europe 2 summers ago. etc, etc.

I finally gone back to producing hip hop in the last few months. Wanted to know what are my options.
I am also a member of Taxi.com- The service that forwards your stuff to influential people.(or so they say???)
Like to get out of the Canadian scene. Their are no hip hop millionares in Canada. 99% of the stuff coming out of Canada is wack.

!

By bboutit Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:15 pm
Just some advice, may be what you already know. EXPOSURE EXPOSURE EXPOSURE EXPOSURE EXPOSURE EXPOSURE

MP3.COM is good to sell units.

Are you registered with BDS? Are you tracking your sales? Are you tracking your spins? You will be able to have a more complete portfolio if you have this material as well. Most labels don't see a demo, just for music, a demo consists of a business plan (your BIO) and the music. The industry is definitely 90% business and 10% creativity.

Lastly, COLLEGE RADIO is a must. I would say go for INTERNATIONAL!
By funky-74 Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:14 pm
Yeah but that one percent shure is dope!
-) Dj A-track, Obscure disorder, Frankenstein
You've ran an clublabel you say.
You don't happen to know a couple named John and Gail? John's broher used to own a club label. I havent spoken to them for two years snce i'm
from Belgium.

Byfeelthedrums Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:53 am
Thanks for the advice.
Exposure is the key.
Got to be patient & keep doing work.