Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By 2RBR Tue May 23, 2006 4:40 am
i have 2 zips that won't load on my 3k. last night they did. tonight they don't and there's like 3 bangers on there i need. every time i try to load them the zip drive clicks and clicks, but then it won't load and i get an error message telling me the disk is corrupt.

any secret methods to saving my beats?

thanks in advance...
By mpc3000le Tue May 23, 2006 9:42 am
2RBR wrote:any secret methods to saving my beats?

There are two members I know on this list that are capable of MPC60/MPC3000 data recovery from ZIP disks.

Rohan.

By DSTRUCT Mon May 29, 2006 6:31 pm
i dont have a 60, but i use a 100mb iomega zip drive with my 2k. I find i get better results having the zip drive it self standing on its side, vertically, and not lying flat. I get the click of death much much more when it is flat.

By dfacedxa Mon May 29, 2006 7:15 pm
try a different drive. ive been able to open messed up disks on a newer drive. dont know if that was just random tho. good luck gettin your beats back

By OLSKOOL OUTCAST Tue May 30, 2006 12:02 am
DONT LOAD IT IN A PC DRIVE! I was told some time ago,if you put it in a pc drive, the pc will not recognize the partitions. It will also erase your partitions, so your mpc will not be able to find information on partitions b C or d anymore. I had the same problem. I bought a new zip drive, and cut my loses. One day I was miraculously able to accsess the corrupted partition and save all my work on a new zip disc.

By 2RBR Wed May 31, 2006 7:03 pm
thanks ya'll. i've tried just about everything short of sending them out to a disk recovery/restoration service, but i'm about at that point...

-i tried loading them on a computer (a Mac & a PC), but was only able to retrieve 1 partition of 1 disk

-i've tried numerous other zips (horizontally & vertically) and 2 other MPC 3000's

By LordSinister Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:18 pm
Once you get your data, switch to magneto optical. more reliable than those nasty zip/floppys
By spockis2bold Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:04 pm
So nobody knows how to get the data from mpc 3000 Iomega scsi disks to a computer? I can see partition 1 but not the rest of the partitions. how can I transfer all of my files from these disk including all of the partitions?

So no one has solve this problem?
By richie Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:27 am
spockis2bold wrote:So nobody knows how to get the data from mpc 3000 Iomega scsi disks to a computer? I can see partition 1 but not the rest of the partitions. how can I transfer all of my files from these disk including all of the partitions?

So no one has solve this problem?

Hey asswipe, stop making duplicate posts to topics no one responded to in 15 years.