Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By JUKE 179r Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:26 pm
My beastie looking MPC3000LE #538.
It's got VGA, 32MB RAM, OS 3.11 and a shit load of dust bunnies, dirt, broken buttons and inop tact switches...
By JUKE 179r Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:34 pm
My Frankenstein 3000 is slowly coming back to life. I'm waiting my on my LED screen from Kanamit. Should be here in a day or 2.
For now I'm utilizing the VGA card and a Sekei 40" LED screen since the back light is out...
By JUKE 179r Fri May 05, 2017 2:21 pm
From ashy to classy...
Before...

After...

:smoker:
By JUKE 179r Sat May 20, 2017 2:24 pm
My 3000LE connected to my MacBook Pro to transfer files :smoker: ...
By skryptrs Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:31 am

3000 is just a mirror paint. Done up by Bruce Forat. I don't transfer files into any of them. Strictly sampling in. The 60 has a scsi2sd reader in it. I posted an install if any is interested. Its a better option than the cf card reader. Its smaller (micro sd) and shouldn't cost more than $100 with the case. Also the micro sd cards are cheap.
By Mark Harris III Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:05 pm

@ JUKE 179r : I've been desperately trying to find a cable to do so. Could you please tell me what's the cable you're using? Is it USB to SCSI or Firewire to SCSI?

Thanks
By A pair of Glasses Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:43 pm
After seeing some great mpc's coming by,., I thought it was time to post mine B-)..,,.,
Electronically fully updated,, oakwood 80 years old (thanks grandma for giving me that old piece of your fireplace hahaha) dressed up with some nice copper bolt's and washers ;-).,
And i also "furred" it up a bit.. Please chill out, the original leather is still underneath it.. I think its purrrrrfect.

Greets

By WASKMUSIC Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:08 am
A pair of Glasses wrote:After seeing some great mpc's coming by,., I thought it was time to post mine B-)..,,.,
Electronically fully updated,, oakwood 80 years old (thanks grandma for giving me that old piece of your fireplace hahaha) dressed up with some nice copper bolt's and washers ;-).,
And i also "furred" it up a bit.. Please chill out, the original leather is still underneath it.. I think its purrrrrfect.

Greets

what display is that? is it one from the few real lcds for the 60-1 or is it the 60-2/3000 screen? i like the leopardthing haha
By richie Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:28 pm
@Wask it looks like the ones from Maurino/Kanamit
By A pair of Glasses Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:37 pm
Hi..
The screen is one of the first batches that sequentix made (from the cirklon sequencer) that still is an nice upgrade and no noise from the converter any more.. The leopardfurr is purrrrfect,, and soft to B-)
By richie Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:50 pm
The sequentix are modified 240x64 T6963 LCD displays with one of the controller IC's removed and rewired to utilize the MPC's on board controller and pinout. I strongly believe are the basis for the Maurino / Kanamit displays.
By TheOddfather Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:57 am
A pair of Glasses wrote:After seeing some great mpc's coming by,., I thought it was time to post mine B-)..,,.,

Greets

Which CF reader is that? I just got my MKI two days ago and am looking for a reliable reader for it. Dope 60 by the way man!
By JUKE 179r Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:25 pm
Mark Harris III wrote:

@ JUKE 179r : I've been desperately trying to find a cable to do so. Could you please tell me what's the cable you're using? Is it USB to SCSI or Firewire to SCSI?

Thanks

My bad yo... Microtech USB to SCSI DB25 cable.
By A pair of Glasses Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:47 am
Thanks oddfather, (best off wishes to all for 2018 still)
The cf reader wasn't very spectacular I believe, but on the back of it is a acard-converter (acard 7210 or something I believe)

Greets