Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs

By ADPRODUCTIONS Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:49 pm
$hit kanye west too.......oh and me too......lol

By highlife Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:26 pm
thes and kk are hard as hell. i seen the 60ii on the cover of that bloquera EP. i think they took a 60ii, a 3k and an SP down to mexico to make that album.

side note (tres records): check for that new y society - travel at your own pace. it's got damuthefudgemunk on beats (youtube vids) and insight on vocals. all 2k classic production.

that guy, declare, off youtube makes some REAL nice beats on the 3k (http://youtube.com/watch?v=r9qHDTdgvOU& ... ed&search=).

By Tohtruck Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:21 am
The Grublet wrote:RJD2!!!!

I saw him play his 3000 with a guitar strap (live), wearing a white chemist coat with about 100 MPC Buttons all over the coat... and his hat had 16 buttons too.

The back of the coat said "its all about the buttons"/ Classic.

MO BUTTONS!!! Hahaha he did the same thing when he came to NYC with Blueprint for a Soul Position show.

Btw he uses a 2000XL. Unless he made a switch when he came to your town. He has said in interviews that he started on a 2000 then went up to the XL.

He had the XL on the strap when he came to NYC. It was really cool and creative he was playing the basslines live for a few songs like it was a guitar.

I'd also like to add DJ Shadow (at least before he did "The Outsider") to the list. He went from a 60II to a 3000 and then two 3000's midi'd to each other.

By fasttrackpimp Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:14 am
Jazzy Pha,Lord Finesse.

By Moody Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:51 am
Tohtruck wrote:
I'd also like to add DJ Shadow (at least before he did "The Outsider") to the list. He went from a 60II to a 3000 and then two 3000's midi'd to each other.

word! i think the private press was made on the 3000.. shadow is sick.

i dont get why he ever did "the outsider" though.

By lumin Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:41 pm
yall fools forgettin dj quik. that dude was one of the first cats to get the 3000

/

By firework Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:44 pm
dj quik , used to give credit to, til i heard the original song for truth hurts and realized he just str8 jacked it and called it "HIS" beat. I still have the link and it was highway robbery.

listen to the robbery, Iam glad the Indian musician got paid and paid well for it too.

http://play.rhapsody.com/bappilahiri/jy ... ounce=true

By 7 1 4 Beats Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:26 pm
7 1 4 Beats wrote:Dilla, Hi-Tek, Mr. Walt, 88-Keys, Focus, Dre, Mel Man, Dj Quik, Sha Money, Presto, Big Tone, Karriem Riggins, Bink One, Havoc, Dj Vadim, Lil Jon, Battlecat, Swizz Beatz, Fredwreck, Daz.

I said Quik already!

By lumin Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:24 am
doh! my fault homie!

By Deta!L Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:09 am
^can't mention Spinna without mentioning Joc Max if you know what I mean

By shaheatone Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:15 pm
If i would see a **** smashin an SP12 on stage i would straight kick him in the guts,who the **** is thes one?I wanna kick him in the guts right now!Smashin a SP what the ****...

/

By firework Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:00 pm
/

thes one loops too much for me.

By Deta!L Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:02 pm
I liked his production album

By the average man Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:42 pm
Diamond D, Finesse and Buckwild all effed around with 3K's at some stage too