Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By johanjsm Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:05 am
hey guys - hope someone can help me here - i saw a similiar question here but searched for about an hour and couldn't find it. so i filtered a sample down - turned note off on and then 16 leveled it. I also turned the decay up high on the sample. I had the resonance up on the filter. when I played bass notes and let go of the sample there was a 'pop'. So i turned down the resonance but the bass didn't sound as good. on other mpc when you turn up the decay on the sample and put it on note off the sample decays from when you let go of the pad - not at the end of the sample. this is useful because it gets rid of that pop when you play bass with the 16 levels function on. Sorry - do you know what I mean? is there any way around that??? can you just not have the resonance up???
By peezie Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:24 pm
If you're using note off, doesnt the sample cut out as soon as you release the pad? There are 2 decays modes(begining of sample and end), but I still dont see how the sample still plays after you release your pad. How is resonance related to your decay problem? Resonance can be controlled by velocity, but not decay or note off. I just dont see the connection. What 'other' mpc are you talking about?
By hoveone Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:33 pm
the 3000 is different. the decay wont work on note off. put it to mono or poly and do the decay. if you need different decay lengths copy the sample and do your adjustments for every single tone.
but: i'd also find it cool if the decay would work on note off.
By MR.Stereo Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:36 pm
Me, i have a issue when i turned up the 16L mode and choose the Decay. I play the sample a the the low pads and the decay works, but when i record it it plays sample with low tune and no low decay...and i use sample in Mono or Porly mode.

do you have the same switched issue with decay in record mode?