Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

What track flipped three Different beats the best?

29%
14%
N/A
14%
43%
N/A
By pk1 Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:18 pm
Ok guys. Nice round. Im going to stick tight with the rules this round cause
We have something cooked up for the winner.
Big props to Tutor For giving us this platform to express ourselves. And he is graciously dropping gifts to winners Of the MPC-Forum Battle. He and i have discussed random prizes for the winners of these battles. Ive kept this winner gets samples thing on the DL because, im not looking for more heads to come to battles. The few kats that have stuck around the last year or so have really grown. There has been Allot of growth with you cats. And you deserve a little props. There will be more of this. I just won't be saying when. :mrgreen:

was a challenging round. You needed to make three diff Flips under the 4 min time line.
For technicality Putting a vocal drop on one part is not changing the flip. Thats hiding your flip under a shit vocal. Threw out this week i would just scan the tracks. looking for three different flips. If i didn't hear three different flips i mentioned it to you. This morning i sat and thoroughly listened to the three i pointed out.
And i didn't here a change enough for three different flips. For instance.. 1.38 on salts track is identical to 3.38. Unfortunately i will omit these submissions from the vote. Im sure you guys get it.

Psyched Schizophrenic

Granny David

Keith's Lard

Calc

texasrida1

Lou

Vote goes for two days.
Winner needs to have sample and rules Pm'ed to Pschy or I on the eve of Wed.

Winner will receive Sample Pack From https://www.mpc-samples.com

And although these guys didn't get three different flips lets at least get em up here to be heard.

By pk1 Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:09 pm
I’m getting to listen to these tracks at work right now... some good stuff. I’m digging the work y’all put in to make em so different. And the transitions are great. Will burn one down after work and listen some more to round it off. Allot of material to listen to.
:worthy:
By Keith's Lard Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:41 pm
Tough decision as I liked them all. Ended up going with Texas, the variety and drums won me over. Peace
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:00 pm
pk1 wrote:Big props to Tutor For giving us this platform to express ourselves. And he is graciously dropping gifts to winners Of the MPC-Forum Battle. He and i have discussed random prizes for the winners of these battles. Ive kept this winner gets samples thing on the DL because, im not looking for more heads to come to battles. The few kats that have stuck around the last year or so have really grown. There has been Allot of growth with you cats. And you deserve a little props. There will be more of this. I just won't be saying when. :mrgreen:

Firstly big props and huge thanks to Tutor for dropping some prizes for the winner for of this battle and future battles :worthy: Also big props goes to PK1 for taking the time and organizing this dope surprise :worthy:

Definitely agree with above statement regarding a lot of growth on here and everyone improving over the year, I've yet to hear a flip since I've been doing this that I've not liked :smoker:

Regardless if we have 3, 6 or 96 entries in any given week, you can bet your last dollar each one is dope and 214 is no exception everyone smashed this. Even the disqualified tracks were fire :smoker: was a really tough choice placing my vote as I was down to Granny David, Calc and Lou, but I ended up going for Calc on this round :smoker:
By Horbid Grotter Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:48 pm
Really enjoyed hearing what everyone did with the sample. Everybody flipped it well, it was very tough to pick 1. I was caught between Psych and Calc. I really like Calc's third flip, really changed the mood of the track giving it a dark feel. However, I voted for Psych for the vast difference between the 3 flips. Chopped it like a butcher mate!
By dez perado Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:23 am
i voted for psych and had txrida for a close 2nd but dope flips from everybody.alot of dudes bringing some new talent to the battles.really enjoying some of these beats I'm hearing.i know you guys are gonna push me to the next level.thanks in advance
By saltmcgault Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:00 am
narrowed it down to psych granny and txrida i went with rida on this one. Big ups to everybody dope beats for sure!!
By pk1 Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:29 pm
Psych tracks dope. good variations. wish you had changed drum sounds for each. nicely done within time limit.
GD really . All the dusty drums are perfect. my kind of drum. very nice
Kieth the break on Trk 1 is fire and i really dug Trk 3.
Calc :worthy: The cymbals making the transition from 1-2 really nice find. unless that was you on the pads :shock: nice work

Tex- long time man glad to hear you come drop some. Beats were dope nice and simple with fire drums.
Lou very nice change ups. every one was very dif then the other. nice Dilla esk on #2

Had to go between Tex and Calc this round.

Dez had fire though really nice remix

By pk1 Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:23 am
So I just wanted to get on here and say that I regret having to omit your three tracks. And that Im not very good at chating online. I often come off krass or rude sounding. Not my intentions at all. I don't have any problem with any head on this forum. When i say stuff like " Thats hiding your flip under a shit vocal." When stated i don't realize it sounds insulting towards those who did accapels'. I say this cause most of the ACCs' available are not of great quality and Most times out of not the mc wouldn't rap over the remix beat in the style of the Acc. so it rarely ever sounds on point. hence why most Acc's sound off beat, even if they are actually on beat.

Anyway i wasn't trying to insult or dis anybody.
I only have 4 more weeks of work then i get to focus on smacking pads and smashing these battles for 6 months straight!
Much love for all yall knuckle heads..
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:04 pm
No worries PK no offence taken by your comment

Horbid Grotter wrote:However, I voted for Psych for the vast difference between the 3 flips. Chopped it like a butcher mate!

Cheers mate was a dope sample choice by you :worthy: There was so much to flip on it, was spoilt for choice :smoker:

dez perado wrote:i voted for psych

Thanks Dez

pk1 wrote:Psych tracks dope. good variations. wish you had changed drum sounds for each. nicely done within time limit

Cheers mate, was aiming to changing the drums up but ended up sort for time so I just used the same drums for all 3 flips. I might go back and redo the drums on each at some point in the future.