Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:09 pm
Ok as we had no one enter the last round, we decided to keep it rolling :smoker:

Sample:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/621y51sq0g0b8 ... r.wav?dl=0

Rules:
No outside samples or VST plugins to be used (drums, bass etc must come from the sample)
Effects plugins allowed
Scratching allowed
Vocal drops allowed

As per normal your entry must have battle number 250 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday The 25th of June.
By Null Sweat Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:34 am
I actually met this dude, Roy Head, about 20 years ago. He lived in the next town over. He always threw live music events and helped promote local talent. He was a pretty cool old timer. I never checked his music out because everyone told me he was a old country singer, but apparently he played different genres. I went to high school with his son also. I didn't know him very well, but we had a bunch of mutual friends that played music together. I watched his rock band play a few times, they were pretty good. He won one of those American Idol shows a few years ago, not sure which one (I don't watch that shit), but I thought it was pretty impressive, considering the shithole town we grew up in. Yeah, that's trip.
By 574X Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:21 am

the hell, I’m out for a few weeks and this place turns into a ghost town.

alright so it turns on after 15 minutes of sitting looking at the boot screen. All kinds of problems with my mpc so just gotta bust it out in a sesh.

Big metaphor: gotta get it done asap.
Never know what will still work next time you fire it up, who will have your back when you’re down, or who’s going to be waking up the next day.
Keep it movin.

Prob not worth it to post the sample as a .wav when it has the highs shaved off like an mp3.
By Core Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:37 pm

*hey welcome to the battles Core.. I fixed your post here to display track player. Post your link within the brackets that pop up when you click the red cloud button third from left.
By pk1 Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:46 pm
not sure why psych has this date... im posting this round in a few minutes