Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

N/A
N/A
N/A
50%
10%
40%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:50 pm
Ok folks It's once again that time to crown this weeks

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me , PK1 or Saltmcgault
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

NearTao

Menco

inflict3

djerratic

ccastillo123

dez perado

Good luck fellas :smoker:
By saltmcgault Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:43 pm
I kind of regretted using this song for this round. I hate using songs that have been flipped by some of the greats, but I'm glad I did after hearing some of these entries. I voted for Dez this round. It would be cool to hear it without the Biggie acapella. I think a heavier bass line would make that beat sound much better. It was still dope regardless. Nice entries everybody.
By NearTao Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:24 pm
@salt - you should just lean in next time... pick the most over played... over sampled... over whatever... track you can find. Half the fun is just seeing what folks do with it and if they can do something fun or unique to spin it in a new direction.

I went with djerratic as well... really strong track, and no nonsense. Just straight to the point.

I wonder if any of these days I'll get more serious instead of goofing around and playing with different techniques or personal constraints so much :D
By Menco Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:15 pm
I voted for Dez Perado. Just liked that one the most for no particular reason.

I found it a tough sample to flip, surprised to see all those dope interpretations.

@erratic: that Koala is definitely a fun app to flip something without going all technical.
By ccastillo123 Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:48 pm
Voted for djerratic. That track is pretty awesome.

NearTao - Always enjoy what you do with the chops.
Menco - Nice to see you use Koala. That's what I've been using lately. It's more convenient to grab my iPad than sit in front of my MPC. It' so easy to layer sounds. The app is limited (on purpose) but I've seen people do some amazing things with it using the resampling feature.
inflic3 - Nice smooth track.
dez perado - Epic movie soundtrack.
By saltmcgault Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:03 pm
NearTao wrote:@salt - you should just lean in next time... pick the most over played... over sampled... over whatever... track you can find.

I tried to lean in this round and after about 15 minutes I said **** this and started making some pdm. :lol: I would rather sample something that I don't recognize.

NearTao wrote:I wonder if any of these days I'll get more serious instead of goofing around and playing with different techniques or personal constraints so much

I could tell you weren't serious. This is what these battles are for 5 votes or 0 votes you're still putting some hours in on your gear testing and flexing.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:15 pm
Damn I missed the vote :WTF: :Sigh:
I would of voted for Dez on this round but good work everyone
By Menco Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:29 pm
saltmcgault wrote:This is what these battles are for 5 votes or 0 votes you're still putting some hours in on your gear testing and flexing.

This!

I flipped a sample I never would have picked myself and has me looking different at certain samples now.
By inflict3 Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:38 pm
I voted ccastillo123. I love that raw shyt yo... good job everyone! Some dope beats :worthy: