Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:33 am
Congrats to me, myself & I on winning the first battle of 2021

As we have hit our 300 birthday milestone its time to celebrate with something a little different then the regular 1 sample and rules we normally do each week. Hopefully you will find this a fun little challenge (Any questions about anythink your unsure about then throw them up)

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mu2odi6c9scts ... 0.zip?dl=0

Rules

Must use all 3 provided samples to create 3 different beats i.e. Use one sample per beat (How you blend and transition between them to mix them together is entirely upto you)
Any genre and style you like (So if you want to jump from Hip-hop to Electro to DnB then you can)
Must be 3 minutes in length (No longer and no shorter – added silence at the end of your 3 beats is permitted to get you to the 3 minute if you fall a little short)
Vocal shots ok (No full acappellas)
Scratching permitted

Apart from the above anything else goes

As per normal your entry must have battle number 300 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday the 19th of January.

Stay safe guys
By peterpiper Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:36 am
Congrats PS.
Threeeeeeeeee is a magic number :)
Tough one but I'll try to get things done.
Dope samples!
peace
By peterpiper Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:07 pm
Ok, question: You want 1 audiofile with 3 beats in it, I must use all samples but it doesn't matter in which combination (I could use 1 sample per beat or if I like use every sample in all beats) correct? And it sound like you want a kind of mixtape transition between the beats. correct? (tbh I hope not :) )

peace
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:24 pm
peterpiper wrote:You want 1 audiofile with 3 beats in it, I must use all samples but it doesn't matter in which combination (I could use 1 sample per beat or if I like use every sample in all beats) correct

Yeah that is correct 1 audiofile with 3 beats in it and and 1 sample per beat

peterpiper wrote:it sound like you want a kind of mixtape transition between the beats. correct?

I tried to leave this as open as possible so it entirely upto you how you want to do it whether you just fade in/fade out, do a build up and just drop each beat or get creative and go down the mixtape transition vibe. Whatever you feel comfortable doing man
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:48 am
Null Sweat wrote:Can we extend this to the 19th?

I'm down to extend this another week if it's ok with everyone else?
By Oskarr Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:01 am
Yeah I need another. Trying to find the cheat codes to these chops.
By saltmcgault Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:32 am
I updated the deadline to tuesday january 19th.
By pk1 Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:29 pm
Oskarr wrote:Yeah I need another. Trying to find the cheat codes to these chops.

:lol:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:48 am
Just a quick raw as **** session all chopped, produced, mixed and mastered in the box with the MPC 2500

By Null Sweat Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:28 am

This shits pretty rough also. I didn't think I was gonna finish, I had it about 60% done over the weekend. I spent the past 3 days patching a roof, I think I have carpal tunnel now, after hammered on this for 2 hours. :smoker: