Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By ngyagi Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:12 pm
Is the soundcloud group still active somewhere? I'm looking at posting an entry for #171, but the link to forum group soundcloud is dead.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:34 pm
Seems occasionally there is an issue in the beat battle regarding getting the sample and rules in a reasonable time for PK1 to start the next one. Obviously this is not only frustrating for PK1 to be chasing people up but also messes up the timeline of the weekly battles.

So I purpose an idea of instead of cutting people from entering but maybe an entry fee of a sample and rules for the battle.

What you on about Psychedelic Schizophrenic? Have you lost the plot? (Technically yes, a long time ago :? )
Hypothetically speaking, lets say we are going to start Beat Battle 565. To enter this battle your going to have to provide PK1 (maybe through pm or something) a sample and rules for Beat Battle 566 as a entry fee. No entry fee then no submission for the battle. That way once the poll closes then PK1 can start the next battle and doesn't have chase anyone.
By Ocular Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:39 am
Your proposal isn't unreasonable. However I think a sample entry fee would discourage people from participating.

Perhaps encouraging a sample donation from both participants and non-participants would help?

"For the cost of an interlude, your sample donation could help feed hundreds of starving MPC-Forum Beat Battle Contestants."
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:29 pm
Ocular wrote:Your proposal isn't unreasonable. However I think a sample entry fee would discourage people from participating.

Perhaps encouraging a sample donation from both participants and non-participants would help?

"For the cost of an interlude, your sample donation could help feed hundreds of starving MPC-Forum Beat Battle Contestants."

Yeah that feeling of discouraging people did cross my mind when I posting it but the sample donation seems a better option in my opinion.
By Ocular Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:51 pm
If PK1 or Tutor or anyone else who runs things is willing to keep a sample bank, I'd be willing to donate a few things. I must have some samples that are hanging around not being used.
By pk1 Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:27 pm
these are great ideas but we have tried discussing things just like this. Tutor isn't really interested in doing anything with this part of the forum. If i didn't keep doing this these battles would die off.

but I'm down to hold onto samples that are donated for these kind of times. just shoot me a link and ill stack em up for times guys lag. until then go use that sick ass sample i gave y'all this round. i wanna hear some bangers. ove got one cooked up this week
By Fre$hBreath Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:04 pm
I'd really love to participate in the beat battles, but Zippyshare is buggy af. Anytime I go to that site my anti-virus and malware protection software sends off alarms and I own a Macbook Pro. I know I can't affect change here, but I thought you should know about this issue...
By pk1 Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:33 pm
this round isn't on zippy....

just ask for a little assistance and somebody would either help you understand how to navigate that page with your computer or send you a copy personally. hope to hear your stuff in the future...
By Ill-Green Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:29 pm
I would like to create a new chamber.

I notice most battles are just about flipping samples and using their own drum kits.

How 'bout just flipping a single sound and make all your samples and drum kits from that single sound?

Like take a short single cymbal crash and create your kicks, snares, hi hats, violin, guitar, synth, etc. All from that cymbal crash.

Just a suggestion, but if it has been done, then nevermind :mrgreen:
By pk1 Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:43 am
Hey iLL! Didn't think you ventured into these parts...
that's a great idea. So come back win a battle and make that the next one just like you described. I'd love to here you throw down with us a few times.
By Betty Chopper Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:30 am
Hi. New here. Have looked for group on soundcloud but am not finding it. Skimmed through comments to see if I've missed anything. I stress the word "skimmed" so my apologies if this question has been answered. When I hit link here I get an "oops we're lost" message on soundcloud. Is there a group I should join other than signing up to these forums?

Thank in advance,
Betty C.
By Betty Chopper Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:34 am
Sorry found answer re groups in comment a few above mine... if theres anything else I need to do to participate other than making profile here please let me know.
Thanks again, Betty Chopper
By pk1 Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:12 pm

hey, welcome
so soundcloud killed the group thing. sorry we haven't updated the rule sticky. there are two battles going on and your welcome to both. each week the rules are explained with samples provided. you don't have to make a beat to vote. we are lagging this week my bad. so just get samples make your track and post within the thread of battle. looking forward to hearing what you got