Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:03 pm
Hey mod, I'm excited about you guys doing this. There are a few sites out doing this for a while and I have participated in a few. What Ive noticed is lack of professionalism (and that's a proper word for a professional environment) 8) anyhow what I mean is lack of. The tighter this ship is ran the better it will run. Winner making next rules is disaster. And the timeline is set for the couch producers. Two weeks to put a track together....

This can be a great time. Weekly battles,with same same general rules for all battles. Leaves confusion alone and brings order. And shorter deadlines will bring out the better beats. If your serious about this you get the track done. To spell it out in lame men terms... Longer the deadlines the more crappy tracks we have to scan threw to vote the worthy ones.
I'm not trying to offend anyone. I may have the wackiest tracks presented..

Just my opinion giving out off experience. Still looking forward to this though.

Four battles a month would be much nicer then 2!

The viking
By MPC-Tutor Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm
This is a trial, I want to see how it does and we'll tweak it as we move along. If two weeks is too long, we can change it in the future.

The winner setting the next battle has worked fine on Stonesthrow for the past 5 years, so I'm sure it should work here as well. Again, if it doesn't, we'll tweak it to see what does work.
By jakoby84 Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:13 pm
Hey guys,
as a more or less new face on the MPC Forum I'm looking forward to participate in the challenge. I'm playing around with MPC500 for 3 years (irregular basis) and MPC1000 since December. So my skills will be quite low level. Even more interesting it will be for me to see what you guys come up with! And how we compare to each other of course.
Cheers!
By pk1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:30 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:This is a trial, I want to see how it does and we'll tweak it as we move along. If two weeks is too long, we can change it in the future.

The winner setting the next battle has worked fine on Stonesthrow for the past 5 years, so I'm sure it should work here as well. Again, if it doesn't, we'll tweak it to see what does work.

Kool. I just ment winner making rules. Or changing, would not be kool. Ya def winner host. I'm sure it will work out great. As said b4 stoked to play.
By pk1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:41 pm
Ah that's fresh. Very diff
By ansiaaa Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:45 pm
cmon? really?
can't grown-ups vote without the need of anonymous entries?

I know there's a prize involved, but the interesting part of this kind of battles should be seeing what the others came up with, and not knowing who did what takes away half the fun...
I'd rather see an open battle without prizes at this point.
By es-k Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:26 pm
ansiaaa wrote:cmon? really?

I know there's a prize involved, but the interesting part of this kind of battles should be seeing what the others came up with, and not knowing who did what takes away half the fun...

i dont mind going through the soundcloud after winner is announced and labeling each track with proper credit to who made it
By ArKyve-31 Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:32 pm
ansiaaa wrote:cmon? really?

done for every battle hosted here, and no most people will vote for their "dude" if they no who made it. Like always when the votes are final we will post the winner and the list of which producer made which track, its the only way to ensure the best beat wins
By b.read Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:51 pm
That's the main reason why conventional beat battles are so screwy...whoever brings the biggest and loudest crew wins it. :? Anonymous voting is really the only way to go...
By ansiaaa Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:09 am
it's really sad to hear that...
I thought it was going to be something more friendly, but if you are sure people are going to behave like that, I guess it's the only option.