Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By jibber Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 pm
I didn't really pay attention to this, and i think maybe i violated the rules here...

I have uploaded my entry to my youtube channel yesterday. Now that i've seen this, i've deleted the video again (there were about 90 views and 4 comments, but none of them people from the forum as far as i can tell).

I don't think there's anybody who will have heard the beat now and vote for me... the core of my youtube subscribers (people who are actually tuning in) are not on these forums for all i know, and i would never go around and ask them to come and vote for me.

However, since we're trying to keep things professional here, i thought i'd mention my (not intended) rule violation. :?

...i'm sure the MPC forums elite squad will find an adequate way to deal with this. :mrgreen: :lol:
Last edited by jibber on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jibber Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:27 pm
Aight, thanks man! 8)
By MPC-Tutor Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:00 pm
BTW, I think we may have to change the way this is done for the next battle. While we appreciate the benefits of anonymity, it's meant a lot of work for us behind the scenes, what with the emails, downloading, re-naming, cataloging, uploading, editing, etc etc.

For the next battle, we're going to try things a little differently. This time, entrants can simply upload their beat to their own soundcloud page and then 'share' the track to the forum group account. We'll keep that track 'pending approval' until voting day, at which point all beats go live to the group page simultaneously.
ByTagOne Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:07 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:BTW, I think we may have to change the way this is done for the next battle. While we appreciate the benefits of anonymity, it's meant a lot of work for us behind the scenes, what with the emails, downloading, re-naming, cataloging, uploading, editing, etc etc.

For the next battle, we're going to try things a little differently. This time, entrants can simply upload their beat to their own soundcloud page and then 'share' the track to the forum group account. We'll keep that track 'pending approval' until voting day, at which point all beats go live to the group page simultaneously.

Sounds good to me tutor :)
By thx Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:37 pm
es-k wrote:
ArKyve-31 wrote: its the only way to ensure the best beat wins

+1

+1
By Eponim Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:34 am
:cry: :cry: I missed the battle again!!
It's possible to have fixed days for battles like i.e:

Post - by Friday at Midnight NYC time
Vote - by Saturday at Midnight NYC time
Winner - post new sample, rules, etc - by Tuesday Noon NYC time

Something like this?!

I think there will be more people to participe, like me :lol:

Peace.
By es-k Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:54 am
an idea - something i've noticed other boards do to encourage participation...

make it so people have to post who they voted for also.. this prevents random votes, people starting fake accounts, calling their friends, etc :fku: not really NECESSARY but could help
By jamilgregory Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:26 pm
I don't think we should be able to see how many votes people get until the voting ends as it probably influences the way we listen to the beats when we know who is winning. Small point, and probably not that important with such a small number of votes anyway.