Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By ArKyve-31 Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 pm
mr_debauch wrote:wow, there has now been enough beat battles almost to make a mixtape with all the winning beats!

almost there, was planning from the inception to make vol. 2 - vol. ???? now that we have all the battle beats located and saved in one location
By inflict3 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:33 pm
i think bb#27 was a lil disorganized, not gonna hate, but if someone posts links to samples they should make sure they work, and not a day later, when they post the vote thread they should make sure to post a link to the soundcloud where the beats are, no one wants to go searching for that shit, less people will vote. and some peeps didnt even get added to the poll??? including me. now i went over the time limit, but so did someone else whos beat is up, so im not sure if thats it, but i think if someones entry does not qualify they should be informed and told why they didnt.....these things will be a end to the battle :nod: participants
By medearis Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:16 pm
Figured this would be an appropriate place to ask:
Could I record my acoustic drums along to the sample flip?

Do all my chops & "thangs" in my MPC - record the music - then record me playing my drumset along with.... nothing said the drums had to be programmed, right? :-D

Holler @ player
By pk1 Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:46 pm
correct. you can def use your own drums
By pk1 Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:42 pm
thanks for solidifying a new time line. :nod:
By ThobRom Fri May 16, 2014 7:46 am
I liked when you hyperlinked all the entries in the first post.

I have nothing but trouble with the soundcloud website,
and its just cleaner and more succinct.

It doesn't seem like too much to ask.
By Chillin Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:14 pm
ArKyve-31 wrote:
ansiaaa wrote:cmon? really?
can't grown-ups vote without the need of anonymous entries?

I know there's a prize involved, but the interesting part of this kind of battles should be seeing what the others came up with, and not knowing who did what takes away half the fun...
I'd rather see an open battle without prizes at this point.

done for every battle hosted here, and no most people will vote for their "dude" if they no who made it. Like always when the votes are final we will post the winner and the list of which producer made which track, its the only way to ensure the best beat wins

b.read wrote:That's the main reason why conventional beat battles are so screwy...whoever brings the biggest and loudest crew wins it. :? Anonymous voting is really the only way to go...

Cosigned both.
By Chillin Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:18 pm
Ps, can anyone explain the purpose of these "beat battles"?

I mean, does it need to be a hip hop oriented beat (break beat). Or will a commercial "melodic pop-song" with a simple "four on the floor" for example, do the trick as well?

I am trying to figure this one out. So what exactly is it about, what is required for the listening ear?

Thank in advance.
By Lampdog Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:26 pm
Use the samples provided, come with your own version of
"heat", whatever that may be.