Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Chillin Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:32 pm
Lampdog wrote:Use the samples provided, come with your own version of
"heat", whatever that may be.

So it's not in the tradional way, where one makes a beat, suited for MCing?
The confusion starts, because beat Beatles are a acosiated with Hip Hop not with other genres of music. But you say that it could be "pop music" as well? House or every other genre of music, correct?
By Lampdog Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:38 pm
You bring whatever your comfortable battling with. Your thinking too deep into this imo.

You wanna stay hiphop battle roots, do that.
You wanna use the samples with a country western twist, do that, it's on you.
By Chillin Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:41 pm
Lampdog wrote:You bring whatever your comfortable battling with. Your thinking too deep into this imo.

You wanna stay hiphop battle roots, do that.
You wanna use the samples with a country western twist, do that, it's on you.

Ok, thanks for making this clear. Since I was under the impression that it was about hip hop.

It would be funny thou if in a "country western contest", one whould make a hip hop beat. :mrgreen:

Technically J Dilla or Premier would lose a beat battle from Dolly Parton, in here on the MPC forum.
By Elmar Jestro Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:43 pm
Just an idea for the upcoming battles:

since the battles are weekly now and should start on time, it should be a rule to have a sample uploaded somewhere if you are participating. Whether you expect to win or not.

So in case you win, you can send a pm with the link to the mods even if your far from home and your record stash at the weekend.

Should be no problem in the days of mobile phones ;)
By pk1 Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:02 pm
great idea. although i don't think all would honestly do it. probably pull the lazy route thinking "ill do if i win for sure " but if we could have a designated spot to deposit samples and a mod could verify. maybe a sample pool that is held by a mod.

any track submitted to the battle must submit a sample to be used if he wins. and to be held until he does win.
the winner would need to submit a new sample with next entry..

elmar- there are a couple of us that have access to mod this .obi and i are the only ones committing to it right now. others are busy elsewhere. which is understandable. these can be time consuming. we just really need the winners to step it up on coordination.
By bliprock Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:17 am
can we please shift the start and end dates so that we can work on the on the weekend. I have to work full time and really want to do them on the weekend when i'm free but with this time table i can't
By mcroepster Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:50 pm
bliprock wrote:can we please shift the start and end dates so that we can work on the on the weekend. I have to work full time and really want to do them on the weekend when i'm free but with this time table i can't

:nod: :nod:

My thoughts and problem also.

peace :smoker: