Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By B.A. Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:38 am
Coz wrote:12. The Boogey Mn

Beat #12 was mine, it's B.A. on the forum but I really go by Boogeyman, it's all good tho'. Anyway, great job DJ Hellfire, Congratulations! I'm about to go see what's up with the second battle.
Last edited by B.A. on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bliprock Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:29 am
congrats to Hellfire. Winner
I wanted to PM some of these contestants, but cant find them on soundcloud or here. Maybe hiding from me :D I dont know. For instance Lazer man 65! where you at? does not come up on followers or search in soundcloud. No mention here on MPC-Forums so is under another name??
By damien907 Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:35 am
can we leave the voting open for an extra day or something next time? i thought it was gonna be open a bit longer.

anyway, good job hellfire.
By marland Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:51 am
Congratulations to the well deserved winner :D

I had fun, and even though I didn't get a single vote (not surprising) - I got a couple of mentions which was cool.

Looking forward to the 2nd battle and a few more steps up the learning curve.
By Coz Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:10 pm
bliprock wrote:i really didnt like 21, that bass line annoyed me, and was a bit predictable, and seemed to me not to suit the original funky bossa nova feel of original. Not that it has to, I mean do what you want, but yeah thats what i think. It has a lot of funk in the original and this track its bass line is so not happening for me at all.

I thought I'd bring this in from the other thread just so I could respond...

One of the things I never do is pitch up vocals... I can't stand it actually, so I don't know why I did it with this one?! :lol:

The cheesy baseline worked ok with it, but the mix was piss poor. The whole thing was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek (title - So Solid Brew!), but it's all good anyway. 8)
By jibber Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:17 pm
Coz wrote:
bliprock wrote:i really didnt like 21, that bass line annoyed me, and was a bit predictable, and seemed to me not to suit the original funky bossa nova feel of original. Not that it has to, I mean do what you want, but yeah thats what i think. It has a lot of funk in the original and this track its bass line is so not happening for me at all.

I thought I'd bring this in from the other thread just so I could respond...

One of the things I never do is pitch up vocals... I can't stand it actually, so I don't know why I did it with this one?! :lol:

The cheesy baseline worked ok with it, but the mix was piss poor. The whole thing was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek (title - So Solid Brew!), but it's all good anyway. 8)

I thought 21 was really awesome, the vibe going on when the full beat kicks in... it's really dope IMO. Reminded me of a style like the Gorillaz have or something along those lines... that bassline is grooving like crazy! 8)
By Ill-Green Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:59 pm
I think all were good for the time limit we had. And many were left field flips from the original source which was the whole purpose of a battle.

I did mine in 6 hours over the span of two days. It actually had alot of piano parts and was suppose to have a subtle guitar strumming in the background at all times but the 500 was acting goofy and shit was off timing on the second day so I just reocorded it raw as I went.

Congrats to Hellfire!!! A lot of the beats here grabbed me but that one had me like "damn he tossed it!" Good job.