Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By b.read Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:11 pm
Yep...I'mma make a cd for you so you can roll around with 'em too. :lol:
By evil A Sulli Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:01 am
I have a question will 23 be DQed for going over 2 minutes and using outside samples...just trying to be fair to all that did follow the rules.

Man I wish I had more time to enter...I can't wait to see who did track 12 cause his beat is official.
By bliprock Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:47 am
b.read wrote:Yep...I'mma make a cd for you so you can roll around with 'em too. :lol:

For Real? I would have loved to have just a download of all of them, named of course like on soundcloud. Just people like me on limited internet chew through data listening to multiple soundcloud pages multiple times. And you want to listen to em multiple times to, to vote.
O and you guys HAVE to make T-Shirts for the winner just like the banner you use on the site. I dont know maybe we can pass the hat around and get a heap made and every winner gets one. So you can strut around and every one knows your a winner.
By jibber Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:14 pm
ArKyve-31 wrote:
evil A Sulli wrote:using outside samples

The rules did not state no outside sample could be used.

I think a few people did understand it like that tho... it said "outside drums and bass are allowed". I understood it as drums and bassline are allowed, anything else is not. But hey, it's not like i would have added more stuff even if it was allowed, my entry was simply a bit too rushed for that. :mrgreen:

I think it's not a big issue tho. Well, for me it isn't... the best part is all the dope beats that came out of this battle, nothing to complain about in my opinion... 8)
By padlock Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:09 pm
Tha_Skywalker wrote:Dammm! I didnt have a chance to put my entry in on time and it was ready to go.

i was gonna go for 27... but yeh i waited a day or two after i heard n here we are..
By DJ Hellfire Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:30 pm
jibber wrote:
ArKyve-31 wrote:
evil A Sulli wrote:using outside samples

The rules did not state no outside sample could be used.

I think a few people did understand it like that tho... it said "outside drums and bass are allowed". I understood it as drums and bassline are allowed, anything else is not. But hey, it's not like i would have added more stuff even if it was allowed, my entry was simply a bit too rushed for that. :mrgreen:

I think it's not a big issue tho. Well, for me it isn't... the best part is all the dope beats that came out of this battle, nothing to complain about in my opinion... 8)

Who says that beat uses any outside samples anyway?
By Coz Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:13 am
Congratulations to Hellfire for winning the first battle! 8)

Here's the list of who did each beat, copied from the voting thread.

1. Original Producer
2. Phantom Sound
3. ansiaaa
4. OE Beats
5. Borat
6. Tee
7. Lazer Man 65
8. Phx_Chronic
9. L O W B R O
10. SCI Guy
11. DJames
12. The Boogey Mn
13. THX
14. Zach Anndahl
15. Bayken
16. Nathen Alexander
17. bliprock
18. Ill Green
19. Otayo Dubb
20. Harry Ethics
21. Canedrive
22. Cyrus
23. DJ Hellfire
24. Erratic
25. Marland
26. Jibber
27. Kashiz
28. Masta Killa
29. ES-k
By DJ Hellfire Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:22 am
Thanks Coz! 8)

Yeah, for the most part, these all sounded very different. Amazing where some people took the sample in comparison to what I heard in the sample. This sample was very challenging for me! Took me 3 different beats to get something I was satisfied with.

Ones I loved: 3, 4, 18, 22 (beats 1 and 3 although they both seem incomplete), 24 (probably my favorite), 27 (also a favorite), 29 (crazy swing).

Ones I liked: 2, 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 26, 28.

Oh, and I voted for 22! 8)

Oh, and I didn't use outside samples!! 8) Actually, no, there is one little pluck sound I used on 16 levels note variation.
By jibber Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:24 am
Congrats! I had a feeling number 23 was your beat... :D

I'm happy i got a few votes myself, was more than i ever expected to be honest. :mrgreen:

Let's bring on the next one! 8)
By sciguy Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:43 am
Congrats, hellfire

Can't wait till the second bb!
I should have more time to work on my entry for the second battle, my entry for this one was something I just sat down for a couple hours and made. I had lots of work for school to do, so not much more time than that one sitting. Wonder what the sample will be... Probably another thing I've never heard of...

Also, FYI, it's just sciguy, not "SCI guy". :D No capital s either.