Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By es-k Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:23 pm

HERE WE GO FOLKS!!!!!

Deadline for entries is TUESDAY 21st 6PM EST.

Voting Ends/winner announced: FRIDAY 24th 6pm EST.

* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* send your beat to [email protected] - 1 beat only please, mp3 192 max
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

Posting rules

* Email beat as mp3 (192 max) to [email protected] - include your forum username and soundcloud username
* 2 minute running limit
* Currently you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.

Production rules

These are the default rules for any battle - however, the person who starts a battle can override pretty much any rule.

* 1 beat per person
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

Battle Timetable

Deadline for entries is TUESDAY 21st 6PM EST.
Voting Ends/winner announced: FRIDAY 24th 6pm EST.
Next Battle posted by Winner: SATURDAY 25th Feb

All beats emailed to [email protected] by Tuesday 21st 6pm EST. A mod will then upload all beats anonymously to the MPC-Forums.com Soundcloud page and then create a voting topic and voting starts.

After voting ends, all producers names will be 'reattached' to all the beats so we can know who did which beat.

Here's the sample - this one should be nice and easy for you guys... get creative!!! 7 minutes to draw from... oh yea!

prob recognize the sample too but thats all good!! lets see how we do

http://www.mediafire.com/?8gkzdnndb92g9b1

By es-k Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:53 pm
bliprock wrote:very smooth choice..... thanks 8)
converting now

thanks - i figure it's relatively simple.. easy.. so u could make some quick loops with it, or pull out some dope single notes, stretch, pitch, etc... yea there's lots of dif ways this could go 8)
By jimmie Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:55 pm
I don't understand why anything outside of the sample is allowed. Why? What's the point in that?
I mean, someone could upload a track they've been putting together for the last 6 months with a bit of this sample slapped on.

Good call for starting the battle though 8) Hopefully I'll get a tune done for it.
By es-k Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:28 am
jimmie wrote:I don't understand why anything outside of the sample is allowed. Why? What's the point in that?
I mean, someone could upload a track they've been putting together for the last 6 months with a bit of this sample slapped on.

Good call for starting the battle though 8) Hopefully I'll get a tune done for it.

the beat has to be build around the sample to qualify, this should be obvious