Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who Wins The Battle?

N/A
N/A
N/A
13%
2%
N/A
4%
4%
N/A
N/A
2%
5%
N/A
2%
N/A
2%
N/A
2%
4%
N/A
2%
9%
25%
2%
N/A
7%
13%
N/A
5%
By kashiz Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 am
My vote goes to no.18 - I've found it a bit too dirty, but still I adore that golden age boombap sound. Peace!
By Tha_Skywalker Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 am
Ill-Green wrote:I saw on Nat Geo where a pack of wolves were eating their kill and this wolverine comes along and slashes the **** out of all of them. Never heard a wolf cry like a scared dog until that footage.
lol holy shit!!!
By Coz Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:39 pm
Looks like the vote is conclusive so can we get the names put back on the tracks? 8)
By jibber Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:12 pm
harry.ethics wrote:I'm feeling a bit of a facepalm on this one. didn't really like what i did, but enjoyed the challenge. thought i'd send it in, slightly regretting that now :lol:
looking forward to the next one 8)

Nah, come on... even the shittiest beat is worth an entry. It's all about taking part and having fun. Maybe you even learned a thing or two while making the beat, who knows... don't knock yourself down (mine wasn't the hottest shit since the 90's either, but i still love my hobby and passion)! :wink:
By bliprock Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:23 pm
jibber wrote:
harry.ethics wrote:I'm feeling a bit of a facepalm on this one. didn't really like what i did, but enjoyed the challenge. thought i'd send it in, slightly regretting that now :lol:
looking forward to the next one 8)

Nah, come on... even the shittiest beat is worth an entry. It's all about taking part and having fun. Maybe you even learned a thing or two while making the beat, who knows... don't knock yourself down (mine wasn't the hottest shit since the 90's either, but i still love my hobby and passion)! :wink:

yeah thats the spirit
By Coz Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:26 pm

The mix on mine was atrocious, so I've gone back over it and sorted everything out that wasn't right.
By Ill-Green Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:23 pm
Coz wrote:

The mix on mine was atrocious, so I've gone back over it and sorted everything out that wasn't right.

I did the beat with just headphones, it sounded so nice, and even had more parts to it but now out the monitors, I hear the flaws. Besides, its a beat battle, not battle of recording engineers, so it is what it is.
By Mike Boogie Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:00 pm
4. 7. 8. 11. 18. 20. 21. 25. 27. 29.

Short-list of nominees.... Clap for 'em!!!

8 was FUNKY

25 took me back to the 80's, in a good way!

21... Just whoa man... I think my mushrooms just kicked in!!!

Runner-Up

20... My God Man... This beat is DOPE!!! It rhythmically SLAMMED!!!

And my vote goes to...(gold envelope opens)

27... Pure Hip-hop SH1T!!! Nothing more nothing less!!! Don't sleep though #20 almost crept you!
By Coz Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:12 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I did the beat with just headphones, it sounded so nice, and even had more parts to it but now out the monitors, I hear the flaws. Besides, its a beat battle, not battle of recording engineers, so it is what it is.

I know what you're saying man, but my OCD kicks in and it would play on my mind if I left it sounding ropy. Even for just a throwaway beat battle tune.

It was worth spending an hour on it today just so I could put it to bed and move onto the next track. I've uploaded it to soundcloud anyway. 8)
By MPC-Tutor Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:58 pm
And the winner is....

Beat Number 23 with 25% of the vote, and the producer was.....

DJ HELLFIRE 8)

joint 2nd was 4 and 27 (OE Beats and Kashiz)

3rd was 22 (cyrus)

Here's a full list of all the producers and their beats:

1. Original Producer
2. Phantom Sound
3. ansiaaa
4. OE Beats
5. Borat
6. Tee
7. Lazer Man 65
8. Phx_Chronic
9. L O W B R O
10. SCI Guy
11. DJames
12. The Boogey Mn
13. THX
14. Zach Anndahl
15. Bayken
16. Nathen Alexander
17. bliprock
18. Ill Green
19. Otayo Dubb
20. Harry Ethics
21. Cane Drive
22. Cyrus
23. DJ Hellfire
24. Erratic
25. Marland
26. Jibber
27. Kashiz
28. Masta Killa
29. ES-k

So, congratulations DJ Hellfire, you also win the 'inspired by vol 1' drum collection, and you get to start the next battle - I'll PM you soon with the details!

And to everyone else, thank you for making the effort to make this first MPC-Forums.com beat battle something special, and hope you all continue to enter all the forthcoming battles.
By ansiaaa Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:14 pm
congratulations to Hellfire!!!

this was really fun and an inspiration to get better!

thanks to those who took the time to listen and comment the beats.