Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who Wins The Battle?

N/A
N/A
N/A
13%
2%
N/A
4%
4%
N/A
N/A
2%
5%
N/A
2%
N/A
2%
N/A
2%
4%
N/A
2%
9%
25%
2%
N/A
7%
13%
N/A
5%
By MPC-Tutor Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:37 am
MPC-Forums BEAT BATTLE # 001

LISTEN TO THE BEATS

As a complete set

Individually within the MPC-Forums Group

VOTING

All forum members can vote
Just select your favourite beat from the poll
Even if you didn't make a beat you can vote.
Please post comments/critiques in this topic - you are also free to tell us who you voted for
DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF :wink:

------------------------------------------

Voting ends FRIDAY 24th Feb 6PM EST

Good luck everybody, and thank you for all your quality beats!

Special thanks to Arkyve, es-k and b.read for all the work setting this up for me 8)
By jibber Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:19 pm
Gave them all a good listen and the one that stood out for me was number 22. I am not sure if it's supposed to be three beats in one, since it sounded like three beats to me, but the first part was just a killer loop in my ears.

A few really good beats in there! 8)
By Borat Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:33 pm
Yes, number 22 is the best for me too. I really like the third loop in it!
I must say I'm not feelin' most of the beats, a lot of them sound a bit messy. But it was a hard song to sample.
By jibber Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:36 pm
Borat wrote:I must say I'm not feelin' most of the beats, a lot of them sound a bit messy. But it was a hard song to sample.

I agree most of them are a bit messy, was thinking the same... still, there's a few good ones in there IMO!
By Coz Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:39 pm
22 is great but it sails over the running time limit. I could have done a lot more with another 40 seconds! :mrgreen:

I've narrowed it down to 8 or 9... tough decision.
By jibber Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:44 pm
Number 8 was my 2nd favorite, yeah, good beat!

There's a few more that were over the running limit, and some of them didn't really sound like they were centered around the main sample (i thought only drums and bassline were allowed outside of the sample). But hey, to me it's all good!
By sciguy Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:57 pm
Some interesting entries here.

Not sure whose I'll vote for.
Last edited by sciguy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ansiaaa Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 pm
some very nice beats among those tracks.

kudos to everybody for their effort anyway... 29 entries and all different
By Coz Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 pm
jibber wrote:some of them didn't really sound like they were centered around the main sample

This is a tricky one.

I tried doing a 'standard' flip without using the intro and I had a few sessions of going absolutely nowhere with it.

I then took the rule...

MPC-Tutor wrote:* flip the chosen sample however you want

...quite literally, and did a lot of effects processing and then sampled the results. Everything still came from the sample, but parts would be tough to pinpoint to the original track. A bonus in my eyes, but others will disagree.

Some of my favourite's are where people have completely mashed up the sample! 8)
By jibber Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:14 pm
Coz wrote:
jibber wrote:some of them didn't really sound like they were centered around the main sample

This is a tricky one.

I tried doing a 'standard' flip without using the intro and I had a few sessions of going absolutely nowhere with it.

I then took the rule...

...quite literally, and did a lot of effects processing and then sampled the results. Everything still came from the sample, but parts would be tough to pinpoint to the original track. A bonus in my eyes, but others will disagree.

Some of my favourite's are where people have completely mashed up the sample! 8)

I think i know which one is yours then, and i wasn't talking about that. **** up a sample until you can barely recognize it is something very cool. There were others that sounded like more stuff was added... but maybe it's just my ears. :mrgreen:
By es-k Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:19 pm
favs

4, 5, 12, 14(cool flip bad mix/drums), 23, 24!!!!, 27, 29

had to chose between 23 and 24... im gonna go with 24 on this one, loved the atmosphere of it and the nasty old school drums that are on the verge of wack but actually dope
By b.read Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:38 pm
Awwwwww yeah....29 entries! Too cool. Lookin' forward to crackin' a beer when I get home and giving these a listen. :D
By ansiaaa Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:46 pm
jibber wrote:
Coz wrote:

This is a tricky one.

I then took the rule...

I think i know which one is yours then, and i wasn't talking about that. **** up a sample until you can barely recognize it is something very cool. There were others that sounded like more stuff was added... but maybe it's just my ears. :mrgreen:

I might be wrong, but I had the same impression.

I love when the original sample is flipped beyond recognition, but there are a couple of tracks that are too much based on external sounds for my taste.

AND

I agree with who complained about the lenght of some tracks. the limit was 2 minutes, not 2"01', not 2"50'...

anyway, this was the first battle for everybody, so don't take mine as complaints, just as a suggestion for more attention to the rules the next times.

it has already started with lots of enthusiasm by everybody, let's just try to make this thing work!
Last edited by ansiaaa on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.