Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By sciguy Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:23 am
Just started making a beat, I definitely prefer this sample over the 1st battle one. I've also decided to use no external samples, just chops and parts from the original sample.

On a side note, I'll actually have time for this one, just turned in a term paper yesterday! :D

On another side note, my first pair of legit headphones should arrive tomorrow!
They're audio-technica M50s, amazing headphones according to tons of people online.
By psr Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:21 am
sciguy wrote:audio-technica M50s, amazing headphones according to tons of people online.

yes sir I use those. good choice
By -niN Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 pm
Okay.. Just shared my entry with the "BeatBattles group"...

Just realized... People could actually peep each others Beat on they soundclouds, resulting in not having anonymous beats anymore... :?

Is this an issue???
By Ill-Green Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:56 am
bliprock wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Hip Hop was born outta broken records and dull needles!! 8)

What is this hip hop you keep going on about?? huh?? it said beat battle, not hip hop beat battle. I was surprised that everyone did hip hop, but was good, and lots of different genres and sounds but, I am considering just never doing a hip hop version of anything just to make you all rage. I dont care bout votes, ya know i do it for fun and practice. but g not even a dubstep version :lol:

Damn, 2012 and I gotta explain Hip Hop, smh.

Hip Hop is just a way of thought, a culture of the urban youth. Rap is just a branch from this giant tree called Hip Hop, just like grafitti is a branch, DJing is a branch, beat producing is a branch. You can even just write poetry and thats Hip Hop too. I even hear dudes tearing up guitar riffs and I can say its Hip Hop. I'm sure urbanizm could've been the name but Hip Hop sounds so right for the movement. Hip, because it was hypnotic and Hop, because it made you bounce.

Back in 1976, a DJ took two turntables to the park and was using them like an instrument and out came these funky sounds, thats Hip Hop because he took all the resources he had and just made music with it. Didn't matter who you was, are what color or creed you were. Hip Hop knows no boundries. It just comes from the soul and you make it materialize by whatever you have available.

Now Rap is a genre, but not Hip Hop 9mean?
By logick Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:50 pm
sciguy wrote:Just submitted my entry - it came out a lot better than my first BB entry, but I still didn't have as much time as I would have liked.

did you share it with the group on soundcloud coz i've just posted my beat an i can't see any other entry's on the page. It looks like i'm the only one.
By jibber Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:41 pm
logick1 wrote:
sciguy wrote:Just submitted my entry - it came out a lot better than my first BB entry, but I still didn't have as much time as I would have liked.

did you share it with the group on soundcloud coz i've just posted my beat an i can't see any other entry's on the page. It looks like i'm the only one.

We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.

:wink:

I had a hard time flipping this sample and i think the little beat i came up with sucks monkey balls... i didn't get some decent groove going and ended up with... well, i'm not satisfied at all!! :|

...but for the sake of these battles, i've submitted it anyway... :twisted: :lol: