Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By DJ Hellfire Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:19 am

LET's GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!

Deadline for entries is March 6th no later than 6pm Eastern.

Voting Ends/winner announced: March 9th @ 6pm Eastern.

* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

Posting rules

* We're going to try things a little differently for this battle, let's see how it works out. To submit your entry, please:

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#2. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.

* Currently, you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.

Production rules

These are the default rules for any battle - however, the person who starts a battle can override pretty much any rule.

* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it! :wink:
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* Outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* Outside samples/synths ARE allowed for layering, but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat.
* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

Battle Timetable

Deadline for entries is March 6th 6PM EST.
Voting Ends/winner announced: March 9th 6pm EST.
Next Battle posted by Winner: Saturday March 10th

Here's the sample - As usual, everyone is not going to like it. That's the point. Also, I sampled this directly from Vinyl into my 2500. So no one can gripe about quality. There is one little record skip near the middle-end, but it can easily be chopped out. Shouldn't affect your flippage.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ugvvgd8q7jl3mjt

Rock out!!!

8)
Last edited by DJ Hellfire on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 12 times in total.
By B.A. Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:41 am
S#!t! I thought the sample was up already :lol:
By bliprock Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:05 pm
yeah got it in MPC now. Im no fan of jethro myself, i thought if you were a fan of jethro then you would definitely be too old to rock wouldn't you? :lol:
I liked how psr look at turntable. There will be kids out there that never ever heard a record skip nowadays with mp3s and CDs
By bliprock Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:17 am
Ill-Green wrote:Hip Hop was born outta broken records and dull needles!! 8)

What is this hip hop you keep going on about?? huh?? it said beat battle, not hip hop beat battle. I was surprised that everyone did hip hop, but was good, and lots of different genres and sounds but, I am considering just never doing a hip hop version of anything just to make you all rage. I dont care bout votes, ya know i do it for fun and practice. but g not even a dubstep version :lol: