Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

N/A
9%
18%
12%
N/A
N/A
18%
6%
9%
9%
N/A
15%
3%
By Tee Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:41 pm
sasquash: Fresh as hell, nice chops and I love the drum sound. Works fine in my headphones, but when I crank up the volume in my monitors the drums feels like knives in my ears - especially the snare but also the kick. This unfortunately was a bit of a turn off for me :cry:

Chaotic Times: Man, this is f***in' flawless! The groove you got out of that sample and the nice sounding mix impresses me. I actually can't find any reason not to vote for this.

logick1: This one got my head noddin' right away and got my vote for this round. Not perfectly executed, but I love the swing and the choppy vibe!

This round was nice, thanks for the sample Hellfire!
By sasquash Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:15 am
First of all I want to thank everyone who voted for me. It gives me great pleasure because I went back to beatmaking on my MPC 2000XL since the beginning of this year. Logik1 is my number one. I loved the atmosphere and how he cut the sample. His drums are insane and that's the type of sounds.
I like also Verysickbeats has also done a good job on the drums slamming good in my headphones.
I will work on your comments and criticisms to the mix and I hadn't noticed these problems on my drums.
I'll try to do better promised for the next battle.

The sample was great, congratulations to all participants!
By peeping tom Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:20 am
tee that was bass heavy yo! sasquachs joint was pretty ill, chaotic times flipped it nice, n digger trogue (names long brah! ) nice softer flip

sasquatch you gots my vote homie.
By B.A. Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:29 pm
Here's what I came up with for Beat Battle #2 sample, just thought you might want to hear another flip of this sample. Again, my bad for not submitting on time. If it's not cool that I'm posting this up then will a mod please delete this post.

Last edited by B.A. on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Sounds From TK Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:30 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:Did TrakMakesDaBeats change his beat? It's first and only has 4 plays and has an upload time of 5 hours ago, which would be 2:30 pm today. I also don't remember hearing it yesterday while listening to the first 4 beats! :?

I didn't change the beat. the first was mp3 and the second was wav for quality purposes only, The first battle it was to be email in mp3 format at the time didn't if that still applied but my mp3 version cut out most the quality of the track w/ the wav version it sounded the same way when I bounced in PT so thats all it was
By B.A. Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:57 pm
I finally got a chance to listen to all the beats and there were some real nice ones (I think it was tougher for me to choose this time then during the first beat battle), Tee got my vote though. Good job everyone!
Last edited by B.A. on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By -niN Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:35 pm
peeping tom wrote:tee that was bass heavy yo! sasquachs joint was pretty ill, chaotic times flipped it nice, n digger trogue (names long brah! ) nice softer flip

Thanks peeping tom.... U can just write -niN. DiggerT.Roque is an AlterEgo.. that's why its devided by a / :wink:
By redpony Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:31 pm
Longtime lurker here. I missed the deadline but it was a lot of fun working with this cut. A lot of creative entries; some talented folk here.
By sasquash Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:21 am
peeping tom wrote:tee that was bass heavy yo! sasquachs joint was pretty ill, chaotic times flipped it nice, n digger trogue (names long brah! ) nice softer flip

thank you homie!!! it's a pleasure!!
By logick Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:04 am
Tee wrote:sasquash: Fresh as hell, nice chops and I love the drum sound. Works fine in my headphones, but when I crank up the volume in my monitors the drums feels like knives in my ears - especially the snare but also the kick. This unfortunately was a bit of a turn off for me :cry:

Chaotic Times: Man, this is f***in' flawless! The groove you got out of that sample and the nice sounding mix impresses me. I actually can't find any reason not to vote for this.

logick1: This one got my head noddin' right away and got my vote for this round. Not perfectly executed, but I love the swing and the choppy vibe!

This round was nice, thanks for the sample Hellfire!

thanks Tee for the vote i know my beat wasn't perfect i tried to timestretch the sample an it didn't work, and the same for the chops. after timestretching both sample an the chops the sound was so nasty i had no choice to go with what did before the stretch.
By logick Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:08 am
sasquash wrote:First of all I want to thank everyone who voted for me. It gives me great pleasure because I went back to beatmaking on my MPC 2000XL since the beginning of this year. Logik1 is my number one. I loved the atmosphere and how he cut the sample. His drums are insane and that's the type of sounds.
I like also Verysickbeats has also done a good job on the drums slamming good in my headphones.
I will work on your comments and criticisms to the mix and I hadn't noticed these problems on my drums.

hey sasquash thanks for you're vote and the comments it means alot, my beat had a few flaws but im glad u liked it, an again thanks for the vote pzzzz.
By logick Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:08 am
sasquash wrote:First of all I want to thank everyone who voted for me. It gives me great pleasure because I went back to beatmaking on my MPC 2000XL since the beginning of this year. Logik1 is my number one. I loved the atmosphere and how he cut the sample. His drums are insane and that's the type of sounds.

hey sasquash thanks for you're vote and the comments it means alot, my beat had a few flaws but im glad u liked it, an again thanks for the vote pzzzz.
By logick Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:31 am
i applaw all the beatmakers/producers for the second round battle, it was fun and we had some great flips that i enjoyed listenin to.

i'm lookin forward to the 3rd battle

But what happens now with a joint win from Verysickbeats and Chaotic Times,

Who gets to choose the sample for the next round ?
By Chaos Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:42 am
logick1 wrote:i applaw all the beatmakers/producers for the second round battle, it was fun and we had some great flips that i enjoyed listenin to.

i'm lookin forward to the 3rd battle

But what happens now with a joint win from Verysickbeats and Chaotic Times,

Who gets to choose the sample for the next round ?

I really like hearing how people come up with totally different beats from the same sample.

I'm happy taking second place. Verysickbeats deserves the win, his beat was tight. 8)