Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By jibber Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:42 am
es-k wrote:i want to say that i think this can be effectively done without hiding our identities - im not opposed to it either - but im just saying we can have a little faith in our selves and vote honestly.. i know i will. there's no dick riding in this lol.. whats the point??? this is all for fun... i love hearing everyone flip different samples... i dont think knowing who it is makes a difference either way in how i'd vote at least

I agree with this. Even tho i like the idea of not knowing who made the beats until the voting is over, i don't think there's gonna be too much favoritism. I know i'll vote honestly as well and pick the beat that sounds best to my ears.

Think about it for a sec, even if the beats were anonymous, people could still tell their homies which one is theirs so they could vote for them.

In my opinion, anonymous or not... people who will want to favor somebody or cheat will find a way to do so no matter what.

I have only listened to two beats by the way, i didn't know they were all there to listen to already... i just peeped the soundcloud of the people who posted in this thread saying their entry was done already. :mrgreen:

I'm done with the basic structure of mine, just gotta polish it all up a bit before posting. :D
By verysickbeats Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:29 pm
Just wanna give my respect to everyone on here...whether u are a producer, mc, or lover of hiphop.. Its forums like this that pushes me to get better and i am thankful..to Chaos, dope sample bro and i look forward to hearin yalls flips...Peace!!

JFilt
By peeping tom Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:55 am
hey with the soundcloud page i see they have to be moderated.

Will mine be moderated before due date?
By b.read Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:52 pm
jibber wrote:I agree with this. Even tho i like the idea of not knowing who made the beats until the voting is over, i don't think there's gonna be too much favoritism. I know i'll vote honestly as well and pick the beat that sounds best to my ears.

Think about it for a sec, even if the beats were anonymous, people could still tell their homies which one is theirs so they could vote for them.

In my opinion, anonymous or not... people who will want to favor somebody or cheat will find a way to do so no matter what.

I agree...ideally, it would be nice to have the submissions be anonymous just so it's that much more equal- but as you mentioned, all anyone would have to do was email their friends their song so they could preview it and they'd know which to vote for. Now, I don't know who would go to such extremes to win a weekly battle like this- but you know...some people are dweebs. :lol:

Also, this new section has brought out a multitude of new (and damn talented) participants, which is bad to the bone. :D Even if the names are shown, and someone chooses one beat over the other just because he's a friend, there will be 10 times as many people right behind him who don't know either person and will vote honestly. I think with as many new cats that we have here, it'd be kind of difficult for someone to win a popularity contest. Just my two pennies. 8)
By Tee Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:31 pm
Daughter with flu, means that daddy can stay home from work. 8)
In other words, I had just enough time to finish off the beat on the MP after she was put in bed. Now mixdown on the MP - copy the file via USB to computer and UL on soundcloud.

So if my computer and internetconnection does'nt f*ck with me tonight I will join the battle!

Pray with me... :D
By B.A. Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:41 pm
Finally got mine in, I'm gonna finally see what everyone else came up with.
By es-k Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:42 pm
b.read wrote:
Also, this new section has brought out a multitude of new (and damn talented) participants, which is bad to the bone. :D Even if the names are shown, and someone chooses one beat over the other just because he's a friend, there will be 10 times as many people right behind him who don't know either person and will vote honestly. I think with as many new cats that we have here, it'd be kind of difficult for someone to win a popularity contest. Just my two pennies. 8)

agreed!!
By jibber Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:50 pm
Last minute entry from me... just submitted my version! :D