Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Chaos Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:28 am
The Battle Continues!

Deadline for entries is March 20th no later than 6pm Eastern.

The voting ends and the winner is announced on March 23rd at 6pm Eastern.

* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

Posting rules

* We're going to try things a little differently for this battle, let's see how it works out. To submit your entry, please:

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#3. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.

* Currently, you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.

Production rules

These are the default rules for any battle - however, the person who starts a battle can override pretty much any rule.

* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it! :wink:
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* Outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* Outside samples/synths ARE allowed for layering, but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat.
* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

Battle Timetable

Deadline for entries is March 20th 6PM EST.
Voting Ends/winner announced: March 23rd 6pm EST.
Next Battle posted by Winner: Saturday March 24th

Here is the sample. I bought a turntable last week, am completely new at digging for vinyl and this comes from a dusty crate sitting on the floor in a record shop in Australia. You've been warned.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6cs4dehkhnt8p92
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:40 am
Great stuff - thanks for sorting this Chaos.

To everyone wishing to enter this (and any) battle, please remember that it is a criteria of all Battles that the winner must start the next Battle, preferably on the Saturday after the winner is announced, but Sunday at the latest.

So I suggest that before beginning work on a beat, you have some idea of which sample you will use for the next Battle!

Also note that entires are due no later than March 20th, 6pm Eastern (11pm GMT).
By jibber Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:34 am
I agree with everybody else, really nice sample! :)
By B.A. Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:20 pm
Chaos wrote:Awesome. I wasn't sure if people would dig the sample or not. :)

I can't wait to see how everyone flips it. 8)

That's funky, I like it! :D Hopefully I can whip something up that's as cool as the original. Good choice Chaos.