Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

17%
N/A
4%
N/A
4%
N/A
26%
13%
N/A
4%
N/A
4%
9%
N/A
N/A
4%
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
13%
N/A
By MPC-Tutor Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:01 pm
MPC-Forums BEAT BATTLE # 003

LISTEN TO THE BEATS

http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/

Look out only for the beats with BB#3 in the title!

VOTING

All forum members can vote
Just select your favourite beat from the poll
Even if you didn't make a beat you can vote.
Please post comments/critiques in this topic - you are also free to tell us who you voted for

------------------------------------------

Voting ends FRIDAY 23rd March 6PM EST

Good luck everybody!
By b.read Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:05 pm
Awwwwwww yeahhhhhh 8)
By jibber Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:43 pm
Really digging the beat from avigil...! 8)

Gonna take my time and listen to all of the beats in full lenght tomorrow. Lot's of nice stuff this time! :)
By sirparksalot Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 am
Dope....gonna listen to these after class tomorrow and give my vote. I submitted early and heard a few, dope stuff fellas.....looking forward to hearing them all.
By peeping tom Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:27 am
Got my shortlist........

avigil
nites the beatmaker
nathan alexander
boogeyman musik
es-k
central parks
Tee

final vote goes to boogeyman musik, would of gone to nathan alexander if you had of put change ups in that beat with an extra element, i dug the groove of that.

boogeyman musik, drums went hard, everything grooves, the extra layers are a nice touch, though that low end is a bit muddy. props lad.

That was hard voting!
By bliprock Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:16 am
yeah some good stuff. I am liking verysickbeats one the best for me. Good chops, great bas line but too short. And 53Pta is pretty solid as well. good cuts again and well arranged into a solid flow. The alarm sample was annoying as hell for me though, Cos I am up already yeah. :evil:
Yeah nice one from Es-k (download now) as usual :lol:
Some where a bit err, out there.
So I think my vote goes to verysickbeats. subtle scratches to, not over the top stuff.
By jibber Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:24 am
There were so many good beats this time, deciding which one to vote for surely wasn't easy.

In the end i stayed with my initial favorite, avigil. Es-k did a really dope beat as well IMO, and paradoxau's beat did sound like it came straight from an SP1200 or something similar. Those were my favorites, but avigil wins for me because his beat was simply "beautiful music" to my ears.

Good luck to everybody! 8)
By harry.ethics Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:33 pm
knew this would be a goooood battle. sample was really nice, i only added a smudge of bass, everything else was straight off the record. 8)

really looking forward to getting out of work and having a proper listen through all entries later.
By Chaos Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:31 pm
Oh man, a lot of great tracks. I really like what everyone did to that sample. Gonna give comments for everyone first.

Everyone
jibber951 Nice mellow groove, dug the bass line. The repeated note sample could have been dropped out at times to give more variety.

avigil.bandcamp Great voice sample and totally slick. What did rip from the sample? Was it the piano note sample? I did the same in my track (only took the end note in the sample and then pitch shifted it to make an "instrument").

-niN Deep bass was bumping my phones! The other drums were a little faint, but I dug the flip.

AkHLiked the atmosphere with the sample and synthy background sound, didn’t care too much for the cymbal crash and the snare was a bit aggressive sounding.

Nites Da Beatmaker Great into on this one. Lots of atmosphere. The beat really got my head moving. Nice job!

paradoxau Drums are nice and crunchy. I like the vibe, a little more open space by dropping the drums occasionally would’ve made it tight.

nathanAlexander I liked the sample flip in the song, but it felt like it wanted to go somewhere further after the second change, like a third place or something.

BlipRockHustler Ahh yah, using the voice sample! Nice and funky.

Boogeyman Muzik This beat had attitude, I liked it a lot. Felt like something you would bump in a beat up car with suicide doors.

Tee Smooth flip again. Very musical, I can’t help but put this one near the top of my list again.

marland The middle part of this beat with the synth bit was pretty cool. Felt like an 80’s cop show or something

Verysickbeats Flawless chops and scratches. Great production too.

harryethics This beat was nice and laid back, but I couldn’t hear the kick drum much at all. Seemed like there was potential, but lost in the mix.

53Pta Oh man, this beat was sick. Awesome flip, drums and mix. Really showed off the sample.

Central Parks Another great flip. Drums had that nice deep sub bass. Loved this one too.

forgotaboutthealamo This track sounded like it was made to f-up my speakers! Cool glitchy stuff.

noramoss Lots of bouncy stuff in the headphones, almost got me sea sick. Like the “hooo” sample in it. Adds nice attitude. The breaks around 2 and 3 minutes fit the track well.

KLCProductions I like the sample, not sure about the drum rolls but the strings (?) that come in around 30 seconds are nice.

Noctur Hah.. .great intro! :D this made me think of the 90’s. Dug this track.

Leptic P WTF? “dr jiggle?” :D Even with the queasy pitch shifts I liked this.

Es-K This track was flipped perfectly. This is the kinda stuff that inspires me so much. I can’t find anything I don’t like about this. Brilliant.

My top six picks were from the following producers.
Nites Da Beatmaker
Boogeyman Muzik
Tee
53Pta
Central Parks
Es-K

I would pick any of the beats from those guys to win, so it really sucks having to narrow it down to 1. But for my final vote I'm going with

Es-K

It was the first and last beat that I listened to for the battle and I can't believe how smooth it is. :)
By redpony Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:52 pm
What an inspiring group of tunes. Glad I didn't listen before I worked on my track; I may not have bothered to finish it (even though I was still late).

For me it was really close between Es-K and 53Pta. Top notch.
By b.read Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:06 pm
Damn chaos...can you slide over to the mixtape review thread when you get a free minute? :lol: Good shit...
By es-k Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:32 pm
my faves -

NIN (bad mix tho, super quiet and weird sounding lol.. love the flip tho)
nathanalexander (thats fly...)
verysickbeats (love that bassline..)
53PTA (BANGER.. could do without the alarm but whateva)
central parks (great job with this one....sooooo sooo dope)
leptic (lol nice)

my vote goes to.......

CENTRAL PARKS! **** fiyaaa
By -niN Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:14 pm
:lol: F***!! Yeah my mix IS awfull :lol: what was I thinking .. Or hearing :oops: :|
I guess I rushed the that bit bacause I was already gettin frustrated with the flip.. Dunno why, but this was harder, a lot harder than I thought when I first heard the song. So many great sounds in there.. Deciding what to use (Or rather what NOT to use :lol: ) took ages.. But I found a nice clean snare in there :wink:

Avigil... is nice.
Nites Da Beatmaker.. that was pretty cool.
Paradoxau ..
Nathan worked for me.
Bliprock; kinda cool actually
Booogeyman :shock: ... kinda overdoing the PANs :wink:
Tee.. I like Tee..
Marland is ... diffrent.. not in a bad way..
VerysickBassline man.. Is that Kick Beatboxed??
53Pta.. That is Clean!
Central Parks is my favourite so far..
Noctur, Digging it!
Es-K.. man howdye pitch it up so high and it still sounds dope.. :?: Man this is getting hard..

. :arrow: Naah.. Clearley : Es-K

Lot of dope flips!
Like I said before, I found this tough. So respects to all of you for comin up with sumthin real quick ( even if some had me wonder where the f*** the sample was used).
I went with the IMO dopest flip... And that was Es-k.