Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By emceewhiterabbit Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:12 pm
bliprock wrote:Yeah nice choice. I noticed bit rate was 24 after not checking and dumping it on the old MPC thingy, and it says wrong.... :roll:

Forgive me for asking but...

What is this error and how do I combat it? Never even heard of this before :?
By Chaos Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:50 pm
emceewhiterabbit wrote:
bliprock wrote:Yeah nice choice. I noticed bit rate was 24 after not checking and dumping it on the old MPC thingy, and it says wrong.... :roll:

Forgive me for asking but...

What is this error and how do I combat it? Never even heard of this before :?

Most MPCs can't play 24bit samples (you need 16bit 44.1 kHz for your samples). I think (may be wrong) that the MPC 4k and MPC 5k can do 24bit. I'm pretty sure the new "MPC"s can handle it as well as they are software things.

If you have an MPC that needs 16bit you can convert the file on your computer from 24bit to 16bit wave (44.1 kHz) and then transfer the file to the MPC.

You can also go old school and plug the audio from your computer (or an iPad or something) into the MPC and just sample it in. I like doing it this way cuz I don't sweat the digital / analog -> analog / digital conversion and it's more fun. :lol:
By bliprock Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:48 am
yeah i just use itunes to convert bit rate. Go to import settings and set it to wav and then 16 bit. Drag it into your playlist, then right click and import wave. then drag onto MPC. easily solved. Dont get excited about those drums guys as they are mine :twisted: :lol:
By sirparksalot Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:10 am
crossings wrote:it's looking like this battle is gonna be 50% all new members of the forum... people are coming outta the woodwork to join this one. :lol:

I don't have many posts, but have been lurking for years now...and think it's pretty cool, no doubt. Glad to see people(such as myself) that wouldn't normally get involved, to jump in. This forum is a tighter knit group than most places, so it's good to see a small spark of interest from newer folks. :)