Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By sirparksalot Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:35 am
Alright guys, here it is, the fourth beat battle. I think I got the dates correct, MPC-TUTOR, please fix if I didn't, thanks!

ADDED BY MPC-TUTOR:

Let's get as many entires as possible to this battle - to get things rolling, I'm going to sponsor this one personally:

** 1st prize for this battle is a whopping 6500 drum sounds from MPC-Samples.com, worth $320!! **

That's both 'Inspired By' collections, and the entire 'Beat Producer' series :)

* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

Posting rules

* We're going to try things a little differently for this battle, let's see how it works out. To submit your entry, please:

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#4. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.

* Currently, you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.

Production rules

These are the default rules for any battle - however, the person who starts a battle can override pretty much any rule.

* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it!
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* Outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* Outside samples/synths ARE allowed for layering, but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat.
* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

Battle Timetable

Deadline for entries is April 3rd 6PM EST.
Voting Ends/winner announced:April 6th 6pm EST.
Next Battle posted by Winner: Saturday April 7th

Basically same rules as last time...I hope you guys like the sample, I tried to pick something nice, but not too easy to flip with lots of parts to get a lot of unique entries. Here it is:

https://rapidshare.com/files/4165970278 ... ubbock.wav
Last edited by sirparksalot on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
By sirparksalot Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:30 pm
I feel better now, I was refreshing this thread like crazy hoping everyone was good with the sample. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all do it it....I've been meaning to flip it for a while and just never did.
By logick Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:14 am
sirparksalot wrote:I feel better now, I was refreshing this thread like crazy hoping everyone was good with the sample. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all do it it....I've been meaning to flip it for a while and just never did.

you did good on this one brah.
By bliprock Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:21 pm
Yeah nice choice. I noticed bit rate was 24 after not checking and dumping it on the old MPC thingy, and it says wrong.... :roll: gotta check next time I think.
I have already spent some time on it and having a ball so its a shame I am in a residential area right now otherwise I would be still going into the night. I am nearly finished to, crazy.
By jibber Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:27 pm
dantuf wrote:yo ..
missed this one but will be coming back next time ya'll

Join the fun then! This battle is still going on right now.

The dates in the original post are wrong, they are still from the last battle.