Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

N/A
N/A
N/A
3%
3%
17%
N/A
N/A
9%
23%
3%
14%
6%
N/A
N/A
N/A
9%
3%
N/A
N/A
3%
N/A
9%
By MPC-Tutor Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 pm
MPC-Forums BEAT BATTLE # 004

LISTEN TO THE BEATS

http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/

Look out only for the beats with BB#4 in the title!

VOTING

All forum members can vote
Just select your favourite beat from the poll
Even if you didn't make a beat you can vote.
Please post comments/critiques in this topic - you are also free to tell us who you voted for

------------------------------------------

Voting ends FRIDAY 6th April 6PM EST

Good luck everybody!
By mastasteez Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:28 pm
There are a lot of very good beats for this one. There was also a few which sounded quite similar (sample wise) so they were discounted straight away.

I got it down to 4: Redpony, the one above Redpony, Hiphopbrigade and Paradoxau

Paradox got my vote eventually. Very nice beat
By es-k Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:50 am
nathanalexander - love what u did with this.... great use of the sample IMO - love the transitions, mix is solid... real great work, hiphop for sure...

borat - dopeeee, once again hiphoppp.. love the chops, love the drums, mix is nice, could hear MC on this very easily. predictable flip, but soooo smoooth, hook is real dope. i feel like this woud make pete rock proud lmao

joeypresents - nice flip

brigadehiphop - pretty cool

one.two - cool flip, gets a little crazy, has its moments that im not huge on, but overall pretty cool

paradoxau - love the low end, love how heavy it is... def feelin it

bliprock - cool bassline, pretty cool beat overall

chaotic times - i dig it

verysickbeats - pretty dope

user1021060 (antonPD) - dopeeeee flipppppp!!!!!

Leland Chapman - thats **** fly......... very dope, second half not feelin so much, but first half was crazy!!!

soooo many dope ones!!! very hard to chooose!

between Borat and nathanalexander

they're both mad dope for pretty much the same reasons... great mixes, great drums, great sample flip (though both simple) and great transitions... take notes everyone!!! ..

im gonna go with BORAT because of that hook section and that OG snare roll !!... and when you do the snare on the 2,3,4 !! dopeee
By Chaos Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:52 am
Here are my comments. I really liked the beats and listened to all of em. I gave a 3 for stuff that wasn't my cup of tea, 2 for beats that I liked but felt something was missing and a 1 for the beats I really dug. Just my opinions here, and I'm not hating with any of my comments, all the critique is constructive. :)

everyone

3 nathan alexander liked the kick, the hat got a bit overwhelming, space the rising note sample out a bit more.

3 sasquash the main chop had a good groove going. overall the beat felt a bit disjointed, maybe less change ups and more repetition of the main chop

2 bobbayb nice opening and i dig the sparse beat.

1 leptic p bad ass chop. sick bassline. it just sticks in my head. love this beat! only complaint is the abrupt ending.

1 borat the drum beat had a nice groove to it. the (voice?) part that starts at 50 seconds took the beat up a level for me. nice job.

3 klc productions i liked the main chop and beat, the drums could drop out a bit on the second verse and bridge (like at 1:24). more silence would make the main chop more interesting when it comes back in. the phone stalker voice saying 'klc' distracts from the beat

3 jon martinez music like the dreamy feel for the sample in this. a simpler drum pattern would hit harder. the mix was a bit quiet... (i don't mind cuz i know where the volume knob is) but it might make people skip over it.

2 ~niN i like the reverse stuff going on! intro is unecessary for the beat, cuz the beat is pretty slamming and fades in. like the breaks and the drums (and fills) are tight.

1 joeypresents nice feel for this one! smooth and slow. the hits around a minute in panned nicely back and forth. beat came in and out in all the right places. great use of melody at 2 min. loved this track.

3 brigade hip hop nice beat and the sample was laid out nice. the sample was very shrill in my headphones. maybe eq some of the high off it? also, at 6 minutes you need a little more change to maintain interest. i vowed not to fast forward through peoples beats, and this tested me. :lol:

2 one.two nice beat. this was very smooth. little too much change up early on. the main groove was awesome... no complaints at all for the part after the second break. good stuff.

1 paradoxau great dark mood on this track. the part (synth) at 1:11 is ominous. only thing i can think to change would be to have the drums hit harder and more metal \m/ in the last half of the beat

1 bliprockhustler funky funky funky. :D like the voice sample and the beat and that bass line. the part at 2:40 or so is tight! i even like the cracked out drum beat break right after it.

1 boogeyman music thick bass, like your last track for the beat battle! tasteful scratching, this track just moved into the background and felt right. love it.

1 verysickbeats sick drums! part at 53 seconds is so smooth. the slow mo ending is great. love this track!

3 user1021060 i liked the musical concept, but it felt disjointed and the sample was very jarring in my phones. eq and a re-mix might help

1 der simi great sample chop! i really like the vibe of this track. great sense of space and timing. adding an underlying pad sound would be cool near the end to build up musical tension.

2 redpony the kick drum hit very hard on this track. nice sample, the repeated high part that starts up around 14 seconds in gets overwhelming. break at 1:10 is nice. the downward arpegio sample could be spaced out a bit more.

3 adk great laid back drum beat. the sample chops were in the right place, but didn't feel like they went anywhere.

1 leland chapman nice scratching and beat. reminded me of public enemy! specially at 40 seconds or so when the siren sound thing comes in.

2 citylab productions weird beat with claps that sound underwater. felt very abstract, like music for math guys on shrooms.

1 es-k 40 seconds in it gets nice and smooth. the beepin' stuff at 1:06 is great. no major complaints about this track except it just cut off at the end.

semifinalists
leptic p
borat
joeypresents
paradoxau
bliprockhustler
boogeyman music
verysickbeats
der simi
leland chapman
es-k

if i could pick two
joeypresents
boogeyman music

but since i have to pick one
joeypresents

That track is so smooth and it just feels right. Great stuff. 8)
By bliprock Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:37 am
I though o yeah I just listen then vote but then after listening to them all I realise that I have to have more time to consider my vote. There are a few that i really like so I will take my time and listen to em again a few times. good that we have a few days to decide.
By peeping tom Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:34 am
Chaos man i love that feedback method you got. so ima take my time to vote and write some feedback for ya'll.

some Dope beats.
By Borat Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:31 am
Thanks Es-k!

There are a lot of dope beats for this one. My favorites are:
- Nathan alexander, simple but effective!
- -niN nice chops and i like the transitions
- Brigade hiphop, really good drums and bassline, nice chops too
- Bliprockhustler, dope beat, nice bass, but i don't really like the end
- Es-k, really smooth, i like the transitions!

My vote goes to Brigade hip hop!
By OriginalProducer Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:52 pm
here's my top 5 :
-leland chapman
-paradoxau
-borat
-brigadehiphop
-es k
i finally vote for paradoxau cause i find his sound crazy !
By dantuf Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:10 am
damn it ... some how mixed the dates up thought it was the 6th... and i had a pm to let me know too .. damn... nex time

will check the entries an vote tho ;]
By one.two. Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:29 pm
user1021060. great name. great music. my choice. 8)
By AntonPD Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:29 pm
one.two. wrote:user1021060. great name. great music. my choice. 8)

thanks 8)

i still have to listen to all the beats (i have quickly browsed though, i really liked most of them)
By Dan L Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:50 am
I could only choose one and it was Borat.
A lot of good stuff fellas...... One of these days the Dan L aka redneck is gonna have to step up and battle LOL.