Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

3%
N/A
6%
3%
16%
6%
N/A
13%
N/A
6%
10%
N/A
3%
6%
3%
3%
N/A
6%
N/A
N/A
N/A
3%
10%
By MPC-Tutor Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:28 pm
MPC-Forums BEAT BATTLE # 005

LISTEN TO THE BEATS

http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/

Look out only for the beats with BB#5 in the title (apart from Ill Green's, he forgot to put it!)

VOTING

All forum members can vote
Just select your favourite beat from the poll
Even if you didn't make a beat you can vote.
Please post comments/critiques in this topic - you are also free to tell us who you voted for

------------------------------------------

Voting ends FRIDAY 20th April 6PM EST

Good luck everybody!
By jibber Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:40 pm
Thanks for letting my late entry slip through! 8) :D
By crossings Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:53 pm
i think you'd posted in time, jibber... deadline was just a little under an hour ago [6pm eastern time].

it looks like the amount of entries tripled in the last day though... i'm still listening to all the entries... it's gonna be tough to pick a favorite this time around :o
By jibber Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:57 pm
It's not gonna be easy to decide for sure. Sounds like some quality entries again, nice work on your flip crossings!

I'm gonna have a detailed listen tomorrow with fresh ears...
By es-k Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:15 am
my favs were

illgreen - dope sound, cool flip

verysickbeats - great mix, cool bass (played live?)

brigadehiphop - awesomeeee flip.. i wish i did that...

manicbeats - predictable, but dope

vote goes to BRIGADEHIPHOP cause how u flipped it is classic
By Chaos Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:12 am
Great contest everyone! Here are my comments. I listen to all the tracks on Sony MDR-7506s and write up comments as I'm listening. These are just my opinions and I'm not bagging on any of the tracks with any criticism, just giving thoughts on things I heard. It's pretty hard to pick favourites with all the good beats. i rate the tracks with 1 if it isn't my cup of tea, 2 if I liked it but thought some things could be worked on and 3 if I really loved the track.

everyone

1 citylabproductions - nice change between the two sections. i liked the drums, didn't care for the clap too much

3 jibber951 - really smooth. i loved the flip on this. a slightly tighter kick (more thud) would be good.

2 sasquash - great intro to the beat and nice flips and tasteful scratches. the different sections all fit together well, and the beat could transition between them quicker. still, just nitpicking. great beat!

2 leland chapman - your title speaks the truth... that was weird! the beat at 1 minute is tight and i dig what you did with the voice samples. the disk break effect at the end part is nice!

3 ~niN - sounds like you drowned your sample in honey! the mix was a bit heavy on the bass, but i like the grungy vibe. got my head nodding.

1 crossings - i really like the sparse arrangement but wanted less sample, the sample gets a bit too busy after 30 seconds. more minimal sample and tighter sounding drums. the scratch sounds at a minute 30 felt a bit weird too.

1 central parks - i liked the mix, sounded great in my phones, and the little breaks were done very nice. the beat was solid but felt disjointed with the sample a bit. the part at the end during the fade was my favorite.

3 ill green - oh man, those drums! :D sick flip. killed it!

2 verysickbeats - love the break at 1 min, nice mix and i dig the strings in the sample. the bass part at 2 minutes is smoooooth.. :D

3 brigade hip hop - funky flip! drums were great too. mix was rough (like it said in the title), but i liked the lofi vibe. little breaks like right before 3 minutes were great.

2 francaria productions - you weren't kidding about the disco, that a 909 sample? :lol: not my thing, but very well done! i could feel the ultra tight pants and the space light mirror ball. :D

3 leptic p - i love this beat! it's off kilter in all of the right ways! crazy sound yet totally grooving.

3 borat - got that dr dre 'bling bling bling bling' going on this one. wicked change at 55 seconds. great break around 1:35, loved this beat.

3 opin draconis - the panning at the intro is gonna make me earl! i really like the percussion and sample and the buzzing synthy noise in the background. the synth at 1:20 or so is evil... bad to end it on the synth alone though.. it sounds much better in the full mix.

2 klc productions - good flip, great arrangement and nice drums. the track sounded cluttered in the mid range frequencies.. like it was hard to distinguish between the bass line and the sample. crisper snare would be good too!

2 resinnate - nice mellow track. i love the bass line at 20 seconds. the doubled up kick drum would be more effective if it only happened every other measure (or once in 4 measures)

3 manicbeats123 - another great mellow track. dig the weird voice stuff at 45 seconds and the strings at 1:10 work very well. great track with a nice flow. Loved it!

1 saxmob - the mix is really clear on this track and each part sounds great in my phones. the different sample flips are good on their own, but feel 'pasted' together. like they don't quite flow together.

1 dersemi - nice clear beat and sample. i didn't like the part (from the end of the sample) at 1:06. i liked the other sample flips though.

1 big chested girls - nice simple production, good mix. the sample flip felt like it was one half of a telephone conversation to me. like it wanted an answer.

2 shank carvin - like the use of delay on the sample... there was a lot of low frequency energy in the track and it felt like it could use a breather somewhere... the breaks at 2:30ish were great and i don't think it would have hurt to have more of them

2 Es-K - if you cooked this up in a few hours, many props! :lol: nice stuff, i like the high frequency diving sounds and the voice sample at 1:15 in. drums sounded a little mushy (effects?)

semi-finalists
jibber951
~niN
ill green
brigade hip hop
leptic p
borat
opin draconis
manicbeats123

final 3
jibber951
ill green
leptic p

winner
jibber951 - i had a lot of trouble picking a winner, but i kept coming back to this beat. 8)
By Brigade Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:42 am
YOOOO Im proud of everybody's beat this time, there was not one beat I did not like. Even the disco flip was tight. Now I definitely have my favorites from these producers:

Central Parks, ES-K, NiN, Leland Chapman, sasquash, Jibber, CitylabProductions, Ill Green, Leptic P, Borat, KLCProductions, resinate, and Manicbeats

Having to narrow that list down, Im really feeling ES-K, Jibber, Borat, Nin, and Central Parks. This was so hard to decide, my pick was between Jibber and ES-K, but Ima go with ES-K, because that bassline was what put his beat to the top of the list for me. This was really a hard decision.
By sirparksalot Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:39 am
Chaos: That's really cool how you broke down each person's beat man....didn't leave anyone out and gave us needing some help some constructive criticism, awesome!! I agree with everything you said about mine in particular, very good points.

Brigade: Thanks, glad you enjoyed my flip. I'm going to relisten tomorrow....there were just too many choices to vote tonight....I do remember that Brigade and ES-K killed it, Ill Greens was sick too, and about 7 others that I am forgetting....man this is gonna be tough to vote!
By DerSimi Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 am
damn. really hard choice this time. the most of the beats are really really good and professional. my favorites are nin, klc, and opin. i think opins beat is one of the best this battle ( my personal opinion :wink: ). i love the style and vibe of this beat.its amazing!!!! but nin...my heart is beating for you this time :lol: . you got my vote. good work brothers and sisters!!!!

sorry guys. my english knowing are really weak. i must learn more :(
By DerSimi Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:25 am
why i can`t vote nin???????? whats wrong??????
By DerSimi Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:26 am
ok. sorry nin. i can`t find your vote button. opin got my voice no. good work opin. i love your beat-style
By Francophon Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:58 am
very hard to decide but ill green killed it!

Ghostface would fit the beat so perfectly
By Ill-Green Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:06 pm
Francophon wrote:very hard to decide but ill green killed it!

Ghostface would fit the beat so perfectly

8) Thanks bro.

MPC-Tutor wrote:Look out only for the beats with BB#5 in the title (apart from Ill Green's, he forgot to put it!)

:lol: Yeah, its fixed now.

There was a lot of heat this time, I enjoyed Leptic P's beat and Shank Carvin's. Brigade and Chaotic brought heat as well, too many to vote.